Death Stranding

Why is this game so unpopular?

Attached: 20220628_160946.jpg (1920x1080, 284.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mhxSGqtdXAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People are too dumb to appreciate it. It is unironically the only good game Kojimbo has ever made and one of my favorite games that came out that same year alongside Cyberpunk 2077.

plebeians can’t handle proper art

when do you unlock custom suit colors?

No content, no substance. Scam game.

post game only

i loved the gameplay but everything else was so bad about this game, i couldnt handle it anymore and dropped it after a few hours
when will we get the next strand type game

unfortunate
at least the default looks good enough

It's not for everyone. But for those people who it clicks with, it's a masterpiece.
>inb4 "princess Beach"
This is Kojima's writing, what did you expect?

I can’t imagine how utterly humorless you’d have to be to not just take all the ridiculous shit in this game in stride.

Maybe it’s all just resentment due to Metal Gear being dead.

Walking simulator

Consumerist paradise without the capability to move significant amounts of materials like concrete

I love it, I only realised recently how unpopular it really is. I enjoyed the story for honestly being pretty damn unique, and I found the gameplay relaxing and fun.

I just don't/didn't understand why peeps find it so boring.

Because Kojima spent years campaigning about how this would be his magnum opus and redefine video games.

It is a good game though, and I appreciate that they put a lot of thought into making the mechanics engaging for what basically amounts to a UPS sim where you fight ghosts. It is a unique and fun video game just not a masterpiece. It only stands out as is because AAA game developers rarely gamble on doing anything different but it's pretty standard for PS2 Era japnlan for instance.

Are the trucks really not big enough for you? You can haul like 20k ceramics at once if you want.

I never played it, but the reviews and most people said you're just walking through the majority of the game.

Most of us were really interested in the game when the teaser trailers came out, but then they started showing gameplay and there was nothing to it. Just delivering.
Also, there was one trailer where they had enemies where they weren't even animated.

This was all around the time "No Man's Sky" came out and devs were trying to sell us on "It about exploration" which is a nice way of saying there's no gameplay. If you want to make a game about exploration, you have to give people something to do in that map, especially if you don't want any combat in your game.

its for pseuds and autists. the game itself is mediocre but with autistic details. the story is forced at you and comprised of meaningless garbage.

It's esoteric. Simple as that, really. It's a weird, weird game with a play style that is intensely subjective. I personally rather like it, but I'm a bit of a logisticsfag at heart and I like getting crates of stuff where they need to go. Same itch as Elite really.

I wish the game had better physics like those amateur games, and a more "achievement" type of gameplay, like missions requiring you to transport x amount of stuff, or a only a certain type of material. Also randomly generated missions.

But it's a story game served with nice gameplay, like MGS was. It's Kojimbo style I guess.

Game changed my life tho won't lie.

what prestige level are you in warzone

I really liked planning my routes in this game, I can't think of any game that plays like that, except something more strategic like Insurmountable and similar types of games. I like how you have to consider the terrain, the weather, your equipment, potential threats etc. And although I guess you could say that to some extent this isn't actually strictly necessary, within the context of the game it's fun to submit to that design idea and engage with all the mechanics the game has to offer. That's why I've found the game more interesting than something like Euro Truck where there is almost no planning at all and you just take a job and follow your GPS (of course being based on road travel means you lack the spatial freedom that comes with being on foot)
The lack of a full climbing mechanic and a day-night cycle is a bit of a downer, but the mountain sections were pure kino regardless

Because it's a unique and weird game with AAA budget behind it. It filtered all the ecelebs and normalfags who didn't even play it are shitting on it. The rest of people only play tranny indie pixel shit. The audience for this game is autists who like logistics and Kojima being crazy.
It's actually incredibly well made. Biggest flaws are some jank and bit too much exposition even for Kojimbo. But the lore is interesting, game mechanics are unusual, fun and the world is beautiful.

Anyone who says there is nothing to do is retarded. It's one of the few good open world games where the content is the world itself and not 100 markers to clear out so you can receive underleveled weapon or 10 credits. You do all sorts of stuff from building roads and climbing mountains to fighting in world wars and taking care of a baby. It has more meaningful content than 90% of open world games.

Also the soundtrack is godtier and the DC added 3 and half hours more. youtu.be/mhxSGqtdXAk

Attached: 1569403771_death_stranding_web_3x_zoom.gif (960x960, 2.92M)

Because game recognize game, but there ain't too many real niggas left in the game, ya dig

What's with the gimp in the backpack? Pls tell me you can deliver female slaves who try to desperately beg through their gag.

Is the director's cut any different really from the base game? I got the base game and dropped it, barely got into it but I'd like to go back and finish it

you sometimes have to rescue injured people or dead bodies, who get zipped up into body bags to protect them from the acid time rain

There are 2 missions where you transport cute girls in a bag on your back

Loved the gameplay.
I got filtered by the retarded characters and story. And I'm a kojimashill who played all the MGS games multiple times.

MGS campiness made that series work despite all the strange stuff and autistic characters.

Death stranding tries to be too serious and that kills it. It just makes it feel like poor writing.
It's like when someone makes a live action adaptation of an anime, yet the actors still try to act like anime. There is some uncanniness that you cannot get over.

In short, don't be so serious.

Because it's a satanist funded game?

Attached: 20220627202811_1.jpg (2560x1440, 693.29K)