Why do some people act like Mass Effect 1 had much better RPG mechanics when it was barely that much better than the...

Why do some people act like Mass Effect 1 had much better RPG mechanics when it was barely that much better than the sequels?

Attached: e5b23f8eab4afa95968fd41f43f8944b07326d58a8c27fda99415796e614acfb.jpg (1400x788, 220.47K)

It was much better than the sequels that being said no one cared much about those particular RPG mechanics, ME1 was the best of series because of the whole package of it, the mechanics, the turn based combat, the atmosphere, the music etc.

>the turn based combat

This is some mental illness right here.

It's a false-flag to get people to hate ME1.

How does that make even sense?

I unironically would have liked it more if ME1 were turn based like KOTOR

2 is a shooter.
In mass effect if your character equips a sniper and isn't trained in it the aim circle will be huge and he will miss more than he hit regardless of your aim.

Callofduty audiance cried and bitched about it so much it was changed to a simple shooter.

Similar to Fallout 3 and 4.

This wouldn't work with ME being so gun focused. For Kotor that game was a novelty for its time. I don't think a Star Wars game ever had an RPG so why not. Also the blasters or whatever they are called in Star Wars always seem to be inaccurate in their portrayals so it was all an easier sell for SW to be turn based. ME1 would not have succeeded how it did being turn based.

Because nobody likes turn-based trash
No you wouldn't, false-flagger

>Mass Effect
>turned based combat

Attached: seriously.jpg (960x960, 236.73K)

To be fair, the idea that an N7 commando can't use a pistol because he only put points into assault rifles is kind of idiotic.

Why did they make shotguns terrible in 2 and 3

he can USE a pistol, he just won't be very good at it because he didn't train in it as much as he did with an assault rifle

because they're the designated Vanguard weapons and Vanguards are right up in the enemy's face anyway

No, he can't. Try using any weapon without putting points into it. It's impossible to hit anything.

You mean like in the start of the game?

>To be fair, the idea that an N7 commando can't use a rifle or a shotgun because he's a engineer or biotic is kind of idiotic.
FTFY

>not being good at pointing a gun and pull the trigger
Lol

Because even what little RPG was there was gutted in favor of Gears of War with selectable dialogue. I wish I was in the timeline where the systems were built out over the trilogy, rather than simplified on each subsequent release.

Because the RPG mechanics were much better. ME2 is my favorite in the trilogy but let's not pretend EA didn't turn ME2 and ME3 into dudebro action games.

ME1 was a playable version of the TTRPG Traveller.

>Inb4 they can use.
No, they can't. The reticle in the size of my female Shepard's anus after she had DP with Kaidan and Garrus.

Because they're stupid
ME1 is the most admirable ME game because it did the hardest job, which is establishing this complex political sci-fi universe that combines good aspects of almost all pop space sci-fi.
Has absolutely nothing to do with the RPG mechanics.
Mass Effect 2 is just effective Bioware character writing schlock. In retrospect it set up Mass Effect 3 for failure, but the decision to end on ME3 despite having a pointless second game was their call.

I remember shooting the geth on Eden Prime just fine.

I'll say the trilogy is not perfect and even then Bioware seem to have a vision crisis with different people wanting to make different MEs, biggest sign was the dark matter and reaper as necessary allies plot that got ditched.
But what they did what they could with the different visions and welded together a servicable and very enjoyable trilogy

>Why do some people act like Mass Effect 1 had much better RPG mechanics
better than what, ESL?

More options for which talents/perks/abilities to take, and they were relatively noticable. Early on the rifle overheats instantly and aims all over the fucking place, but the end it's like an autofire sniper rifle. It was satisfying seeing those changes

I think ME2/ME3 talents are mostly fine and tight but more would have been appreciated.

>than the sequels
EOP

>can't read a basic sentence
>calls someone else ESL

o i am laffin

>will there be more information later in the sentence?
>nah, I'm good right here

I recently started playing ME1 for the first time since release and HOLY SHIT ME1 COMBAT IS SO BAD.
I rolled vanguard and I can't aim any of my fucking abilities and half of them whiff regardless if you use game pad or m+kb. I was blinded because i originally just played soldier and just walked up to everyone and shot them point blank

ME2 was such an improvement it's night and day.

Attached: 1630879365907.jpg (460x586, 53.35K)