So did PS5/Xbox actually do anything with this "amazing" "game changing" SSD performance or did Any Forums fall for...

So did PS5/Xbox actually do anything with this "amazing" "game changing" SSD performance or did Any Forums fall for marketing bullshit as usual?
I guess ratchet and clank had that cool level transition thing?

Attached: yEAh1rW2asfFfk9upe6k6u8U5Yoq5GEQbrU0SsAVwHQ.jpg (640x360, 45.22K)

no, and the games still look last gen too.

>I guess ratchet and clank had that cool level transition thing?
Thats literally it.

>So did PS5/Xbox actually do anything with this "amazing" "game changing" SSD performance or did Any Forums fall for marketing bullshit as usual?
that was only the PS5

RE8 on the ps5 loads so fast it doesn't have the loading screen with tips the other versions have.

>fall
nigger no one here fell for this bs, are you talking about reddit trannies maybe? we've all been saying to you what ssds do (and don't) for damn near a decade before current gen consoles released. your own fault for being tech illiterate.

there is this thing called quick resume

Yes games load super fast. Even faster than PC sometimes chump

Pretty sure the xbox also has an SSD? did they not hype it as much?

have a stroll through the archive from PS5 launch newfag

wow, that sounds like really revolutionary gameplay

both have ssds but only the ps5 has dedicated decompression hardware, which makes a 5.5gb/s ssd transfer an effective 11gb/s or some shit like that, it's in cerny's road to ps5 talk
xbox doesn't have that, pretty sure their version of it is just data bypassing the cpu and going directly to the gpu (direct storage)

>some clueless zoomie calling me a newfag
I literally do not care what kind of misinfo was being spread here by pr department shills or clueless retards around release, your fault for being a gullible faggot if you listened to any of the shiny news articles or whatever that had zilch actual data to them. I got my first ssd around 2014 and knew what they were doing for years before that. Retards who were expecting some magic out of them are just that, retards. There's never a short supply of those.

Quick Resume, the new feature of the Series dashboard dumps the entire system memory to the SSD when you switch to another game. This enables an extremely quick switch between games "where you left off". I think it works for the last 5 games you played.

MS didn't. Only Sony advertised their SSD as a game changer and with zero loading times.

Attached: nier replicant bc.png (1366x768, 1.15M)

Not yet, not until next year at least
Next year will be the first time we see games using SSDs as a baseline design decision factor, and possible FSR

Funny how you sónyggers try to historically revise everything after you get shit on. All you clowns thought the SSD would do something to push cucksole gaming over the edge, turns out it was nothing just like the PC GODS knew already

Yes. They tricked you into buying their consoles.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill

Attached: 983.png (340x444, 108.66K)

Take your meds.

A few games do that but that is just essentially taking advantage of the fact last gen games are easy to load on new hardware. Just played Shantae and the Seven Sirens which doesn't have loading screens on Series X. When I looked up a guide for collectibles I realized it does have lengthy loading screens on last gen between biome transitions.

Go back

I mean it's what helped make ff16 in the 1st place and that game looks phenomenal so yea?

>picture
lol, lmao