Why can't Bethesda into design?

I had hoped that Xbox's acquisition of Zenimax would result in Phil Spencer forcing BGS to hire more talent, I can't imagine he's too happy with the 6+ year turnaround on delivering games. I'm still holding out hope that he's cracked the whip on development of TESVI, because a 15 year gap between games is just absolutely unacceptable. But looking at the Starfield trailer and this malformed creature, I just can't understand how after 30 years of experience this company is still so far behind in terms of graphical fidelity, technology, and just basic good design. This thing is so bad it even looks poor compared to the other NPC's shown in the trailer, which are still severely lacking in all aspects. I heard there's an attitude of nepotism at BGS, that Todd hired an animator for Fallout 3 because he was a friend even though animator was awful at his job. Much smaller teams with less experience and similar scopes deliver equal if not greater quality work than BGS, what is Todd's excuse? Is Gamebryo really such a limiting factor that the artists at BGS turn out half-sucked Milk Duds like this NPC?

Attached: Untitled.png (3092x1616, 3.87M)

>1000 UNIQUE PLANET OF FULL EXPLORATION
>TOTAL CUSTOMIZABLE SHIP WITH INTERIOR AND CREW
>SPACE FIGHTS
>JESUS
>200K LINES OF DIALOGUES
>ENCLAVE FACTION
>MORTAGE SYSTEM AND SPACE ECONOMY

LMAO LOOK THE OUTER WORLD TARD
the artworks alone are better than anything designed by obsidian.

Attached: WQEwerWQEW.png (1709x2174, 3.75M)

I didn't like the Outer Worlds my guy.

but you hate this

Attached: col__augustus_autumn_by_drvauclair_ddq17is-fullview.jpg (1024x1536, 296.88K)

compared to what?
he's a literal who NPC, not a main character. now compare him to other nameless NPCs from other vidyas.

the best thing is hwo different are the scenarios

People wear and act like another nation is different planets

A TRUE CIVILIZATION

Attached: 1655162QWE006706.jpg (2366x1532, 616.03K)

You do realise the beauty of Tod's games is that they survive because of the modding community. With out the modding community all those rpgs would be long dead. Never knew any player that didnt mod skyrim or fallout once they found out they could mod it.

How do you know? He's in the boardroom for Constellation, for all we know he's an important character.

What does that have to do with the art team at BGS delivering poor quality work?

you probably bitch about games like the last of us 2 being soulless, then turn around and demand all games do the same thing.

No I've never played the Last of Us games and have no opinion on them.

Boring Character design. Blaśe is no substitue for based.
Who gives a fuck? They make ugly game for modders who are a small class of elite gamers who get to tweak any way they want. Meanwhile their base vanilla games will always be stuck in late PS3 era and indie devs are making space games actually live up to current gen.

Modders think everything is about them and their coom

>Who gives a fuck?
I do. One of the reasons is because the devs take forever to fix bugs they take 3 years after release to fix and when they do they just create more bugs or turn the game incompatible so most people cant even play the game until they do a hot fix which takes like 2 months.

>Boring Character design. Blaśe is no substitue for based.
true character design not a cosplaying retard
>ugly games
HHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

GO TO WATCH YOUR MOVIE GAMES WITHOUT DEEP TARD

you hate gaming

Attached: 1633382518661.jpg (757x720, 120.06K)

You're basing that off of performance. I'd rather have a jank cyberpunk that looks good that eventually has its issues ironed out, rather than a jank piece of playdough that still has to fumble with bugs.

>I do.

This is for a mass market. Modders are underglorified QA testers

Cosplaying as an anachronist 1940's general seems like something that would satisfy a Fallout cosplayer.

>defending cyberpunk
cyberpunk is a fucking junk compared to any bethesda game

aka baby worldbuilding for retards.

Factions are not cosplayers

>What does that have to do with the art team at BGS delivering poor quality work?

Well the shit art team forces us to make mods that make community loved designed companions and npcs. Pic related.

forgot pic

Attached: Heather_Casdin-FO4.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

I'm not the guy you're replying to but Colonel Autumn is pretty run of the mill dude, he's not that interesting. And to go back to what I was saying in the OP, he suffers from janky animations and poor VA. Had Bethesda ran quality assurance on him maybe he'd have turned out better, but he's very meh.

>Microsoft
>talent
Based retard

Attached: 1616434899883m.jpg (1024x886, 143.33K)

single handed create the 99% of fallout 3 events and revolted agasints is president to defend his ideal

A TRUE HUMAN
bethesda quality created real expirience not b tier movies
>janky animations
zoomer get the rope

So you would rather have shit with sprinkles on it? I mean we all have our preferences in games but I could care less if the game didnt have a realistic graphics as long as the game play was smooth and fun or had the option to smooth it out.