Uncovered everything in west/east/south limgrave

>uncovered everything in west/east/south limgrave
>uncovered everything in north/east liurnia
>killed 1st big boss (godrick) with nine +5 flasks
>lv72
>on my way to the magic academy to kill 2nd boss

the souls formula doesnt work with open world.

Attached: images.jpg (194x259, 7.19K)

I don't even think about this game anymore. It even killed any interest I had in replaying any of the souls games. Truly fascinating.

It was interesting. I loved the visuals and gameplay (even if I'm getting a bit sick of the usual Soulsborne formuala), but it did leave me feeling that as cool as it was being open-world that I would have just preferred a more traditional, more linear map layout.
Glad they tried it, God knows the Soulsborne formula needed a mixing up.

the open world felt like a filler after a while

>The first and the last time Fromsoft make an open world
Hopefully

You're kidding yourself if you think this is the last open world game From makes.

Anyone with a brain knows they'll only improve on it and we'll eventually get something akin to Bloodborne's quality with open world mixed in.

>purposefully overlevel yourself
>complain about the game
Yeah, just let me do Limgrave, Liurnia, Caelid, Altus and Gelmir before fighting any major boss and complain that everything is piss easy afterwards.

congrats, you played easy mode

You need follow the guide in order to get the full experience

Great thread friend

Funny enough, Elden Ring is the best take on a open world game ever made, but at the same time it doesnt quite fit with the Souls formula. Great game, tho.

>we'll eventually get something akin to Bloodborne's quality with open world mixed in

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 49.51K)

You can start grinding skeletons 5 minutes into the tutorial town in any Souls game

>Elden Ring is the best take on a open world game ever made

Attached: Greta-Cube.gif (242x242, 798.34K)

>hey bro, here is an entire huge world to explore from the very beginning
>NOOOOOOO YOU CANT JUST EXPLORE THE WHOLE WORLD AND LEVEL UP WTF MAN YOU WERENT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS STRONG AND KILL ALL THE BOSSES WITH TWO HITS

open world was a mistake.

>>Elden Ring is the best take on a open world game ever made

Name 3 better open- world fantasy RPGs that are better than Elden Ring.

Xenoblade X
Sacred 2
Saints Row 3

Not even fantasy, in general, that guy you quoted is a faggot.

I played a single Skyrim playthrough for about 400 hours in which I discovered every location, did every quest I could find, and pretty much completed the whole game plus DLCs.

I spent nearly 200 hours doing the same in the base game of Elden Ring. The DLC is going to be amazing. I will forever cherish my time spent in both games, even if it doesn't have as much replay value as I would like. The time I spent was special.

Premium bait, I didn't even like ER being open world and still shat my pants in anger over this post

Open worlds just feel lifeless without NPC towns and dialogue

Only Xenoblade X is comparable and Elden Ring is still better.

pokemon sword and shield felt more alive and interesting and elden ring's world because swsh had real towns and npcs