Why aren't you working on your game full time while funding your life with crowdfunding

Why aren't you working on your game full time while funding your life with crowdfunding

Your game idea IS good enough to get people to pay for it while you work on your skills to make it, right? If you can't get people to buy it on the premise, why would they buy it when it's out

Attached: 35.png (1080x1080, 59.47K)

Posting on Any Forums will never fill the void inside, OP. You can be as cynical as you want, no one will like you for it. You don't seem mature or even funny. You are just that guy no one wants to be around, posting mean words just because he is "Anonymous" on the internet. Turn off your screen and appreciate how alone you are.

I boycott patreon because they're faggots.

This.

I'm too paranoid to use other people's money effectively, if I made a bad game it would be a water of hard earned dollars. I also can't work so I never have to go through that dilemma anyways

Everyone's a critic
I don't see you having the personality or the gumption to make a thread
And your faux holier than thou wankery does nothing but reveal you as a crab in a bucket
Get stepped on normie

Yep this.

what does wanting to make a thread on Any Forums have to do with his point? and you're doing exactly what you accuse him of doing. you're trying way too hard to be edgy, but for what exactly? what's the point? no one cares about you.

>having to deal with jews and female protagniggers 24/7 to do it
There has to be another way right?

You'll never make anything like that, you need to be more confident

>crowdfunding

Attached: 1656422160601.jpg (640x360, 55.84K)

>Your game idea IS good enough to get people to pay for it
ideas are worthless
if you dont have a working demo/playable slice, there's no way you'll finish the game and you're not getting one cent from me

People have funded nothing but mockups and promises before, they were burned countless times and they still continue to do it

hrmmm, maybe I will try then
but life is so expensive where I am, that it's hard to know what to ask for, and making a game isn't an exact science

however crowdfunding kinda limits the design since it'll need to be watered down to be appealing enough to get enough funding, you can't really go edgy because it'll scare people off, and maybe they'll get you kicked off kickstarter or whatever

like imagine you want to make a spiritual sequel to god hand, complete with nonPC humor
can it be done through crowdfunding platforms?
I doubt it, there's just too many crybabies now

You need to find similar existing online communities and establish yourself in them, twitter tags, subreddits, forums etc, have something to show for it, establish a following on twitter, and make a Patreon, never stop trying to reach more people, but focus on those who would specifically be interested in what you're making

I guess the other way is to hide all the controversial stuff from the peons while they fund the vanilla game
or patch it in with a special update lol

ive been waiting for cryptoshitters to build a better and non biased patreon/kickstarter

>find similar existing online communities
Any Forums is the most similar, and I dont think I can get a single penny out of anyone here
other communities have no sense of humor

>get a single penny out of anyone here
also, I would not bother without a demo

Selling ideas is different than creating and marketing a product. I'm working on something, a demo, with another dude and I'm indifferent whether it will get enough traction fo crowdfunding.

Selling ideas is useless without a product, product is useless without being able to sell it as an idea, you need both if you want to make a living out of making games

if i want Any Forums culture i'd just come right here, i wouldn't pay for a soon-to-be outdated snapshot of it. even if the memes are on point, it's just cringe to be pandered to. one thing i've learned about anons pertaining to Any Forums culture outside Any Forums is that they like to stumble across them serendipitously. usually via a self-owning idiot. it's genuinely funnier that way.

Yeah I'm totally with you there. We are setting up a demo before anything currently. I also don't have the illusion to live from the first shot.

>snapshot
>memes
not what it would be
just the humor would be appreciated here more than on reddit or resetera

>Your game idea IS good enough to get people to pay for it while you work on your skills to make it, right?
No, it's niche because I'm making it for people like me