DMC

>Many of the merits and ideals of the original Devil May Cry have been forgotten, even as early as the original DMC3
>The more important thing about Devil May Cry is how cohesive it is.
>It's Kamiya unfiltered, free to pursue an overarching design philosophy even if that results in a lot of unpopular design decisions. That's what I want for every game developer
>Unfourtantely, Capcom decided to focus on some aspects instead of other and as a result those games are more easily eclipsed by games which does what it does better.
>Devil May Cry and to a larger extent it’s sequel Devil May Cry 3 stand tall because it knows what they are: Stylish Devils with hearts unrivaled

Attached: E707A886-6573-4CD0-8CA9-9A441CCD03C3.jpg (220x281, 23.54K)

Who cares, Ninja Gaiden as a series and Bayonetta 1 are better, not to mention a plethora of other action games

Yahoo DMC thread. Lets talk about how DMC4 is the best game in the series

Attached: neroanddante.jpg (501x645, 53.55K)

>best game
Only if you enjoy pushing gyro blades

Are you referring to capcom/general video games as a whole not following DMC1/3’s ideals or the DMC series taking a few steps fowards and a few steps back each game?

Attached: D196658F-1E48-4628-B119-860C8D8399BE.jpg (1500x2000, 365.12K)

>Let's replace mathosis ramblings about dark souls with dmc
Yawn

>Ninja "no useful moves and repetitively bad combat" Gaiden
>good

Unless you are talking about the NES games shut up.

Ill say it once and only once: get good

Everything about 4 is done better by 3 or 5.

I'm about to end this man's whole career.

Attached: 1607304551549.png (742x326, 45.22K)

>Ninja Gaiden as a series
No, since only the first game is any good. 2 and 3 shat the bed so hard that it killed the series, and we certainly don't talk about Yaiba.
>Bayonetta 1
The first Bayo unironically shares a lot its flaws with DMC4, but on top of that it has less fun combat and the mediocre at best level design. Seriously, the best action game Platinum ever made was Metal Gear Rising, and that has is also plagued with so many issues, so much so that I cannot for the life of me fathom why the hell is it treated as this sacred cow above criticism from both autists and normies alike.

Toxoplasmosis is such an asshole.

Attached: GRACE IS A NIGGER.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

I know this is a mitosis bait thread, but DMC1 vs 3 isn't the same as DeS vs DaS. DMC3 uses the gameplay foundations of DMC1 to do something different.
Based. Fuck the fartflyers.

You made this thread again, you really should feel embarassed about yourself.

Attached: 1653710792915.gif (472x332, 2.81M)

Pretty sure Itsuno was brought on board pretty late in development and wasn't in charge of the project initially. Also Bayo is not that good. It's overrated as hell, with some of the worst QTE's and on rails sections I've ever seen, on top of repeating the same bosses about 5 times. If Bayo is Kamiya "unfiltered", then I'm glad Itsuno took over DMC.

>top of that it has less fun combat
Really? How so?

NG is on par with DMC as an action series. One might prefer one over the other since they have different design goals in mind, but they are both well done (mostly). Bayo 1 isn't that great and only served as a stepping stone for the other PG games.

DMC1 was half-baked
DMC2 sucked ass
DMC3 was the real start of the series.

Kamiya is a hack, Itsuno built Devil May Cry.

lmao what a dumb fucking nigger

>he really said this
I respect Kamiya but his dickriders are just something else

Attached: 1655376505865.jpg (400x411, 43.67K)

>>Ninja "no useful moves and repetitively bad combat" Gaiden
Nice bait faggot, otherwise git gud or I will keep spamming stinger to your favorite franchise because enemies are fucking braindead and didn't punish you for spaming it.

I knew Matosis was an insufferable cunt but Jesus. How can anyone listen to this pretentious fag, let alone take him seriously?

Not him but
>combat geared heavily towards WWs and DO
>this results in individual moves and weapons being way less important than in other games, same with aereal combat
>incredibly lenient dodge that is always accessible
>Witch Time, a literal crutch, is a huge mechanic
>angel weapons aren't very good either
>torture attacks and the magic system in general
>no DT equivalent, virtually no resource management
>mechanics that feel that are there just to be there all over the place (shoot button, jump cancelling, double jump, transformations)
>the boss battles
>plenty of bad to mediocre enemies and bad enemies (flaming enemies)
>even if you're only looking at the combat sections, the bad levels are still unavoidable (lava floors, the highway with cars coming at you from outside the camera)
Bayonetta is filled with things that feel like they weren't given a second thought.

Itsuno was brought onto the game mere months before release
The only thing the team had actually finished was the animation for Stinger.

I will spam izuna drop instead
What now faggot

That explains a lot