Why are games so weirdly stagnant and why is everyone fine with it...

Why are games so weirdly stagnant and why is everyone fine with it? There haven't been any major breakthroughs in 15 years and everyone acts like a plateau has been reached even though it's nowhere near true

>TES lets you pick up and interact with every single object with physics
>no one can replicate it 20 years later
>New Vegas lets you kill every NPC and still finish the game
>no one can replicate it 10 years later
>Dragon's Dogma lets you climb giant enemies instead of just hitting their feet

Attached: 1492232516650.jpg (2388x1076, 640.67K)

>TES lets you pick up and interact with every single object with physics
>no one can replicate it 20 years later
half life alyx
>New Vegas lets you kill every NPC and still finish the game
undertale
>Dragon's Dogma lets you climb giant enemies instead of just hitting their feet
are you underaged? shadow of the colossus did this first. also, praey for the gods has done this since.

Corporate agenda and the push for infinite revenue. Only thing which has progressed are the monetization mechanics and researched patents behind human behavior and graphics. Everything else is actually regressed in games.
Blame corporations and blame normies. I hate this situation.

it's a shame so many games don't have a climbing mechanic, it's entertaining to crawl on a monster's skin while it desperately tries to toss you off like a jihadist jigger

>why is everyone fine with it?
If the recent trend of companies not reporting their sales numbers are any indication, they're not.

>half life alyx
>undertale
>shadow of the colossus
All 3 of these games are simple as fuck and revolve entirely around these mechanics and still manage to do them worse than the games in the OP, which are full games in their own right that let you do these things as a side feature.

>shadow of the colossus did this first.
As a mandatory scripted sequence and not a dynamic mechanic, it's like comparing climbing a house in a linear section of Uncharted with climbing a house in AC.

>and still manage to do them worse than the games in the OP
elaborate
>As a mandatory scripted sequence and not a dynamic mechanic, it's like comparing climbing a house in a linear section of Uncharted with climbing a house in AC.
there is no mechanical difference and there is no more scripting involved than is in dragon's dogma. you mean to say "i wish it was optional".

>you mean to say "i wish it was optional".
No, I mean to say "I wish it was a feature", scripted sequences are not impressive especially if they are the sole focus of the game. It's like comparing the cutscene planet landings in Starfield to pic related.

Attached: 1655083413602.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

I've never seen a normie complain about the lack of technical and technological innovation in games, most think gaming has never been better

Attached: 1604934856733.png (500x630, 933.9K)

Money speaks louder than words. If they thought that the current state of gaming was never better, they'd have rushed out to buy Battlefield, Horizon, etc.

Personally, I've seen people complaining about modern games more often than not for almost the past ten years, but they bought them anyways because their friends were buying. Between fatigue and economic troubles, I think that's coming to an end. However, they were thrilled about having something fresh with Elden Ring.

>WAH WAH WHY CAN'T OTHER PEOPLE MAKE LIFE BETTER THIS FUCKING SUCKS
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN DO IT MYSELF, WHAT ARE YOU A FAGGOT?

Making games with those kind of mechanics is difficult at best and putting in the resources to improving upon them is expensive as fuck. That's why we are back to making turn based games and 2D beat em ups.

Publicly owned companies, boomer stockholders, cinematics and graphics being the only thing that impresses them.

the jews
>B-B-BUT YOU CAN'T JUST BLAME THE HECKIN KIKERINOS FOR EVERYTHING WRONG IN THIS WORLD
Yes I can
Yes I will

Attached: yep they sure did.gif (500x275, 763.42K)

>>>/reddit/

>Gimmicks form my 2 decades old comically overrated favorite games don't become industry standard because both designers and players understand them to be pointless at best and poor game design at worst
>therefore modern games are bad

This, we need more CoD and AC games

I'm fine with the current level of graphical fidelity being the norm for the next 10 years if developers would just actually put attention to detail features in their game instead. Every bullet fired should leave a piece of brass that persists on the floor and has physics. Imagine having a gun fight in a building and when it's all over you can walk around and hear your feet kicking around rounds, seeing pools of blood start to dynamically form around enemies.

literal brainwashing and social engineering turning people into good corporate drones that subscribe to whatever opinion they're told to by the news every two weeks

You're acting like all three of those games weren't made by subpar devs with subpar budgets in subpar conditions