If you enjoyed this video and would like to see more...

>If you enjoyed this video and would like to see more, make sure to SMASH that subscribe button and HIT that little bell icon, and as always, leave a "like" or "comment" down below as that greatly helps our channel in the algorithms. I will see you in.... the next video!

Attached: url(14).jpg (798x644, 41.03K)

My friend has started a Youtube channel (its dogshit) and he says this in every video. He gets like 6-10 views, I don't have the heart to tell him to stop. He has nothing else in his life.

It's cringe but sadly it's necessary if you want to keep your channel alive doing certain types of content.

Make a load of fake accounts and harass him with death threats, he'll either stop uploading or kill himself, either way, he'll stop.

This.

When did this cancer start, was it around 2012-2013? I remember using old youtube, and people would never tell people to subscribe, ever. Everyone knew that if you wanted to see more from a channel, you'd subscribe. Do people just not know they can subscribe anymore? How do they watch youtube, do they just click on random shit on the front page not giving a shit who made it?

Attached: 1652735437458.jpg (423x613, 50.39K)

It wasn't necessary on old youtube, why is it necessary now?

aint subscribin'
aint likin'
aint clickin' no bell
aint turnin' off me adblock
ain't watchin' you blather on about yer sponsor and will skip past it
ain't listenin' to yer commentary if you talk over the gameplay i'm mutin' ya
i just want to see the gameplay
simple as

Attached: 1638222614430.png (700x700, 692.63K)

way more competition, is my guess

Because the way Youtube's algorithm works now is that you don't need to be subscribed in order to see new content from a page you've been watching.
If you watch one or two videos from a channel but don't subscribe you'll still see all of their new videos on your front page for a month or two, and if you keep clicking they'll keep showing up.
But subscribers are still important because they communicate to Youtube that people want to watch that channel's content, thus recommending it to even more people. Yet despite their importance Youtube completely disicentivizes users from subscribing to channels they like, which is why you constantly need to be reminded.
Youtube's grown a lot over the past 10 years. 1 million views or subscribers used to mean you were at the top, now it means you're near the bottom. There's also way more content being constantly pumped out, meaning it's a lot harder to organically discover stuff by yourself, it all has to be decided by an algorithm cause otherwise you'd be shifting through millions of shitty videos uploaded by nobodies until you actually found something worthwhile.

Attached: coom.webm (640x480, 1.26M)

Yer a smug cunt ain’t ya?

Things work different now. You need to please the fucking algorithm lest you just get lost forever in content sludge

>How do they watch youtube, do they just click on random shit on the front page not giving a shit who made it?

Literally yes, the front page is built for it and recommends things via an algorithm.

like and subscribe deez nuts

>nigga takes 30 minutes to explain something in a video that could've been written down and read in three minutes
I hate videos. I hate them.

>you HAVE to entertain me for free

How to overcome this? Just base popularity on views?

If you don't make some kind of super fucking interesting video essay with a topic no one else has tackled before there's really no way to not play the algorithm game.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 839.75K)

do some video cross advertise it somewhere else to get word of mouth going and hope for the best

I meant from a service perspective, what's the alternative to requiring creators to beg for subscriptions and likes?

there's no point in saying that stuff until you become already big and are getting lots of veiws
you should let him know that as a small almost non existant channel he'd actually be better off making sure there is as little padding and non-content guff in his videos as possible
word it like some useful advice/constructive criticism and he may well just stop
cause honestly that stuff doesn't help unless your getting tons of views from literal children
he should be trying to stand out from the crowd not just mimicking everything he sees successful channels doing