What video game protagonists have suffered the most?

what video game protagonists have suffered the most?

Attached: character_img01 (1).jpg (1920x1080, 213.68K)

Attached: nepgear and the cursed sword.jpg (3840x2160, 1.25M)

The player.

You posted it. And he suffered all for love of family.

Attached: ethanfamily.jpg (680x960, 147.32K)

Planescape Torment

>Not even the protagonist who's suffered the most in his series.
Pretty sure Chris canonically suffers more than Ethan and Ethan dying is even more suffering for Chris.

A good man always fights for the ones he loves even if it means he suffers

Attached: 1643738320595.jpg (2894x4093, 2.7M)

Chris is a trained soldier he's meant to do missions that are stressful painful and deadly
Poor Ethan never wanted any of the shit that happened to him he was just an everyday family man and he went through hell and back just to save them.

Attached: CeAeiMVUAAABozN (1).jpg (1183x675, 109.24K)

Isaac Clark's entire life is just an ever increasing series of tragedies and horrors
I think he's the king of suffering.

Attached: 2684295-ds-isaac-clarke.jpg (768x960, 107.74K)

this guy has been through the wringer alright

Attached: sg3.png (1024x576, 276.04K)

Maybe especially considering all the bad things happening to Chris are his fault.

He is up there if we count all the world lines.

Attached: Ev_z87a-1.jpg (1024x576, 441.79K)

Ellie

Whole point of Chris's arc post CV, is how people seem to keep dying under him. Jill before RE5, Pierce, Ethan, plenty of BSAA grunts.
He was the one who got the depression arc before they slapped it onto Leon. But as you say, Ethan's death could easily be attributed to Chris's inability to keep Ethan in the loop and acting completely stupid for RE8's plot.
A key thing to remember is RE5's promotional material tried to give Chris a depression PTSD arc before RE5 released, but that only truly came into affect for 6. Leon got his depressed drinking arc by the time of Vendetta.

Anyone who doesn't at least consider Okabe has no idea what the fuck they're talking about

>hate fighting this little shit
>read up on his story
>now empathise with him
complicated feel

Attached: Image_(13).png (1343x1956, 1.6M)

Kiryu Kazama.
>love of his life is dead
>got cucked into raising bastard child
>best friend turned psycho
>psycho thinks he's best friend
>father figure is dead

Geez maybe If Chris wasnt a complete Retard in RE8 i would simpatize with hin.
Ethan is still worse because He never wanted to fight or save the world from BOWs.All his games is hin trying to save his family from shit his own Allies brings to his life.Heck in the end of the day Chris can still trust in Jill,Claire,Barry and Rebecca...Ethan can only trust In Chris and Mia...The two people that ruined his life in the end.
Isaac is another guy that not Just had a hard life for facing insane awful shit but that have most of the people He could trust,hurting hin in a way or another...His Mother,Nicole,Ellie in at least one moment in a way or another,hurt Isaac.

Me
Game: Life

Attached: isaac.jpg (370x600, 21.75K)

I've 0 clue why Ethan even bothers trusting Mia after the events of RE7 and is even more of an idiot than Chris, for getting back together.
Something, something, dominant mold imprint to want to fuck his wife I guess.