Why are modern indie horror games like this?

why are modern indie horror games like this?

Attached: 1608828420269.png (721x932, 233.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2toRG6kl6NU?t=6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

to get kids to watch uninspired crap content

I'd fuck them all

90% of indie horror these days is streamer bait

Attached: I dont like it.jpg (520x476, 45.47K)

They pander to literal kids, same reason realistic blood creepypastas were the most popular kind of creepypasta

It turns out, your own internal imagination is scarier than a realized version of someone else's imaginations. You are your own worst enemy.

Attached: 1652840487188.jpg (478x1024, 96.1K)

Attached: letsplay.png (1200x800, 667.31K)

how true is this? only ever knew about five nights at freddys. neither of my two younger siblings got into it. so I've never been exposed to it

Almost fully accurate

The children don't even have to know for the toys to be stocked everywhere. My dad bought one of those fotm huggy moster plushies for my nephew, even though nobody knew where it's from.

Attached: 1480a5796045b24cf189330ae363504d.jpg (800x800, 82.8K)

youtu.be/2toRG6kl6NU?t=6

that post seems to take a stab right at a game called Hello Neighbor and its "works"
It got the random game aimed for kids spin offs, the merch, the TV show and roblox clones, the evil slant only down side is the fact that its based around a "human" looking character

It's not only about Hello Neighbor, it's also about Poppy Playtime, which only goes to show how true this is.

Very. I know this only because I like listening to Game Theory while playing cards for some reason, I know there is fnaf, bendy and the ink machine or something like that, hello neighbor and this huggy wuggy shit.

It's fucking frenetic to listen to a 30 year old man talk about how bungly wungly brutally decapitated thirty children and shat their souls into a vortex to create living toys that then merged into the terrifying "pumply dumply", who he theorizes will be the next bad guy in the upcoming beeeboopie's funhouse fiasco videogame chapter. (Please support on patreon, here's my bitcoin wallet and buy my merchandise and my hoodies and my distplate and my anal lubricant product line)

Kinda funny that things that are considered too violent and not for kids are now being advertised and pushed into the mainstream
Almost like some sort of desensitization, but also as a way to squeeze more money

>tumblr post
still true though

Kinda why I like the liminal space thing going around now too bad people felt the need to add a cheap jumpscare monster to it.

Based

Kids always loved violence and horror. Now indie devs can create and sell it to them, without risking reputation, because they don't have any. And none of the games, aside from FNAF, was mainstream enough for a significant number of parents to really care.

The problem is that everyone wants to pull Scott Cawthon's idea of genuinely coming up with a genuinely appealing child friendly brand in the fictional horror universe the game takes place in, but because they're only stealing they can't actually make something with uncanny horror.
Horror is an obligation and a Search Engine Optimized theme, rather than a real creative decision.

Attached: 8e8451c7a1593bcf80f7dbcf00f04d51b9367b30_hq.jpg (1024x575, 39.49K)

WHO MAKE THOSE
I SEE THEM EVERYWHERE!!!!
WHO THE FUCK MAKE THOSE COUNTERFEIT SHIT