>prone to undesirable physical misfortunes such as theft, fire or force majeure

Digital pros
>purchases tied to your account, convenient
>gameshare (if available)
>everything is in your hard drive
>immediately playable for pre-orders and day1 releases

Digital cons
>lame special editions
>possibility of losing access to your games during generational leaps for consoles if the platform owner is a dick
>if you lose your account then everything is gone
>can't say the n-word or you lose your account
>you own nothing and you will be happy

Are you physical or digital, Any Forums?

Attached: 1651182833343.jpg (1600x900, 354.47K)

Digital. I sold my entire physical collection in 2017/18 and went fully digital and only bought games that were on sale so ended up saving money. Didn't see the need to have a bookcase full of vidya just sitting there taking up space.
I play on Xbox/Switch/PS so generally I can buy new games for much much cheaper than it would be physically, or older game keys for a few quid.

Physical unless the game is extremely elusive and or super discounted but since I pirate most everything I don't have that problem

for me, it's Tinfoil free library, I can even access games a week before they release, it's pretty good

is it worth selling a switch on ebay or should I just sell all my shit on gamestop? I have the same one OP does

I'm mixed, really depends on the game.
Games I know I won't swap around too much, like a Monster Hunter game, I buy physically, but something like those Megaman X collections I prefer digitally.

Physical
>must consoom to preserve
>disc gets scratched or cartridge becomes corrupted so it doesn't work
>resale value is 80% less than what I bought it for
>takes physical space
Digital
>doesn't take physical space,only hot a beefy hard drive for storage
>less plastic waste
>can always transfer from old console to new
>always there to play no matter what

I havent brought a console past the xbox 360 because i refuse to use digital.

Have fun when you're living in the pod eating GMO "plant based" food

>physical media
Exists.
>digital media
Does not exist.

I buy my Switch games physically. I really only play the first-party games anyway so it's not a huge amount. I really wish the games came with manuals though. I have fond memories of reading my DS and Wii manuals.

I get physical when possible for games that would benefit from sharing (i.e. RPGs or other single-player experiences.)
Party and non-local-co-op games might as well just be bought digitally unless it comes with something.
I also learned that switching microSD cards is a real pain in the dick, so even if you can get a lot of storage space, you don't necessarily want to cram it full of garbage.

Ironically it was the Nintendo Switch, not PC gaming getting consumed by digital, that made me prefer digital over physical. I would totally buy big-box PC games if they were still around.
When I got a 3DS and later a Switch I just realized I didn't wanna carry around a bunch of fucking cartridges and have to rebuy the game if something happened to one.
When you spend as much of your life on the road as I do the thought of having to carry around all your entertainment in an age where they can be stored on SD cards is tiring, I could be using that room to store an AR15 and stockpile ammo instead

Attached: file.png (800x539, 876.68K)

I became a ardent supporter of physical games, so I will be playing long after the servers are shut down
Don't forget that you own the game not the DLC.

Attached: 1654764877887.gif (225x255, 2.41M)

>so I will be playing long after the servers are shut down
same

Attached: file.png (1392x1563, 825.88K)

I'll own everything.

Attached: 2893721983798127398127983.jpg (300x300, 28.01K)

no you won't
you will buy the remaster of the game for whatever platform is prevalent during that era, or you will pirate a copy of it to play in an emulator because your original system is already busted and is just inferior to all other available options

Depends but most games never get remastered unless you are one of the most popular studios
I will obviously buy a game with DLC on cart.

>>possibility of losing access to your games
Has this happened to anyone here (who kept their games downloaded?) It's never happened to me. If it does, I know how to pirate, so it's not a problem.

Both. I like physical because if I really hate something I can just sell it, meanwhile the digital copy will always stain my library. Also it's nice to let other people borrow games. Digital is nice for smaller games that you can just redownload and play on and off.

I think it's more losing access or the means to actually use them? like say you've bought digital PS3 games in the past, and you can't play them on your PS4, or PSP games where the storefront and content is inaccessible now except through a PS3 or Vita. I think Nintendo had something similar with the Wii or 3DS but I don't know the details or what came out of it.

game or publisher specific ones, PT, Scott Pilgrim and some Marvel games come to mind, where apparently users can't even redownload them after they have been delisted.

I'm only physical on Switch for storage reasons and sometimes PS5 because it's often cheaper and Sony region-lock your shit. But I'm slowly shifting to PC anyway and won't look back.

Attached: w&s.png (600x600, 698.45K)

You could always redownload scott pilgrim on PS3/360 if you bought it before it was delisted, could you really not for PT?

Physically owning an item is a meme, nothing lasts forever. Including physical media