What went wrong? This game literally killed a popular and successful IP until over a decade later

What went wrong? This game literally killed a popular and successful IP until over a decade later

Attached: dead space 3.jpg (616x353, 62.97K)

It was intentionally written to kill the IP because EA are kikes and the devs didn't want to have to defile Dead Space for them anymore.

I swear to Christ, if i play this game and it turns out to be fun...

Attached: Why i oughta.jpg (1920x1080, 217.85K)

Lol

They basically fired the devs and hired a shovel team to churn out some quick shovel ware
What's sad is now 10 years later the OG devs are basically churning out a shovel ware Dead Space clone with none of the aesthetic goodness of the original.

How is Callisto Protocol bad?

2 > 1 > Necromorph shit > 3

If you are starved for Dead Space content I suggest playing Dead Space Extraction if you haven't already it's a rail shooter but it's an honestly really well made one.
It's still scary and fun and the story is really well told and it keeps very true to gameplay and spirit of Dead Space even while still being a rail shooter

Trust me it's much better than 3. 3 straight up killed the series.

Attached: 51ZUm16d-ZL._AC_SY445_.jpg (316x445, 28.41K)

too much action, bit enough horror

Attached: 1627433074560.png (1920x1680, 2.87M)

Dead Space 1 was a surprise hit, so EA being EA decided to milk it dry while the milking was good. Tie-in animated film, cross-media promotion, rail shooter prequel for the Wii, and greenlit Dead Space 2 with a massive budget - one of the biggest budgets for any game produced up to that date, rumours say around $90 million. Dead Space 2 was a solid game that built on everything the first game did successfully, with just one catch: it didn’t sell. It vastly underperformed compared to EA’s projections and possibly even sold less than the first game. Dead Space 3 was EA exerting control over development and chasing industry trends to try and make more money, hence the co-op, microtransactions in a single-player game, non-stop cinematic action setpieces, cover shooting mechanics and other things that have no place in a third-person horror game.

I thought 1 and 2 were good but 3 was bloated to hell. I got up to chapter 11 today before giving up on it. It really loses steam when you actually get to the planet.

>This game literally killed a popular and successful IP until over a decade later
EA killed it on purpose by giving it an impossible sales goal and said the franchise was a failure when it didn't meet it.

The devs wanted to tone down the horror from 2 to 3 since they felt 3 was already very action packed and smartly thought going a more slow horror direction would help keep the series fresh and keep the horror strong. they said they originally imagined DS3 as something akin to The Thing with a heavy focus on paranoia isolation and fear

But...EA being the faggots that they are killed this great idea and made DS3 a Gears of war clone and removed basically every shred of horror and atmosphere DS had
So that's why we have the DS3 we know today a soulless pile of crap that the devs didn't want to make but the publishers forced them to make.

Attached: C4oyZ0ZQe8lukEqNjLZX7my9mL_6dqgzySwWlf0rks0.jpg (4096x2304, 629.54K)

I would give anything to see the Dead Space IP taken away from EA and giving to someone who knew what to do with the franchise
Fuck give it to Capcom or something. A Japanese dev team could do some pretty cool things with the world setting and gameplay of Dead Space

Attached: Dead-Space-Игры-Игровой-арт-Ermac23SS-6790511.jpg (811x811, 93.11K)

>doing a play through of Dead Space
>get to 3
>update in 2022
>will no longer load my data

th--thanks EA...

Attached: 1404714857808.png (926x1518, 642.5K)

I haven't even played 2 yet so i am not starved. I have all 3 though and I'll be starting 2 soon. I did not enjoy my first playthrough of 1 that much, i think i was too tense to enjoy it. That and the sound mixing really pissed me off. I decided to play the game again after i fiddled with the sound settings and now that i was not as tense i had fun and enjoyed the game. Limiting myself to just 3 weapons also made the game a lot more enjoyable because i could actually fucking upgrade them all by the end. I think on a higher difficulty i may want to stick to only 2 weapons even. This isn't good design but it's not the end of the world. 1 Stasis hit registration can suck my ass though, i hope that's fixed in the sequel.

Attached: 1652154471886.jpg (1920x1080, 377.08K)

I used the flamethrower this playthrough and tough i can see it's definitely very weak, its still a viable secondary at least in Hard mode if you know how to use it. The blue flames look cool though, i didn't know weapons get different effects when upgrade them. Do all of them? I didn't notice any changes in the rifle and reaper. Maybe the reaper got a brighter and louder blast when it fires?

I know this is going to cause some seethe, but I'm right.
Dead Space 3 is better than 2. Sure, without EA kikery DS3 could have been way better than what we got.
That said we got Dead Space 2 but with much more polished mechanics. Only thing is that customizable guns are gamebreaking (minigun/rocket launcher Combo with attachment that makes you immune to the rocket explosion, walk up to a mob and press the fire button, gg) but that's mitigated by game modes like only being able to use classic weapons or premade weapons.
All that said there was nothing wrong with the story. I thought the entire trilogy as a "movie" is utter kino.
Final thoughts DS1 > DS3 > DS2 (all 10/10 tho).
Dead Space 1 remains best because of how isolated you are whereas in 2 and 3 a lot of the time you have company or something or are in radio contact + Isaac can talk.
Last thought, I will say the scariest part in the entire franchise was in DS2 when you first meet those screeching pachycephalosaurus head-ramming necros. I almost shat having to slowly creep down to where you have to go while listening to cans and shit being kicked around out there in the darkness.

Attached: 1656024436101.png (1106x1012, 557.89K)

talking about 1

Dead Space ended at 2 and 3 never happened

Attached: deadspace2final_610.jpg (800x450, 55.66K)

Attached: october-ea-ring.png (1200x1200, 14.83K)

What's wrong with 3? Other than shit being left on the cutting room floor. Or the ending/final chapter being DLC only

EA set unrealistic expectations and sent it out to die, basically.

>Last thought, I will say the scariest part in the entire franchise was in DS2 when you first meet those screeching pachycephalosaurus head-ramming necros. I almost shat having to slowly creep down to where you have to go while listening to cans and shit being kicked around out there in the darkness.
I know about these enemies and i am not looking forward to this shit...

The majority of the people that hate it got their titties twisted over co-op and the opening shooter level on Earth. That and some EA kikery that's all been patched out by now. They know nothing else about the game but pretend they do.

You can't upgrade every weapon you have if you are using 4 weapons
Normally it's best to only upgrade what ever gun you think is the most handy and useful
Also on harder difficulty's it's normally best to only use one gun or maybe 2 guns since ammo is harder to come by and most enemies take a lot of hits
You want to use one kind of weapon due to the game spawning what ever ammo the gun you are using uses
Having four guns at once runs the risk of you getting ammo for a gun you don't want to use and fucking you over when your most useful or needed weapon runs dry.

Personally for me I find the plasma cutter and force gun combo to be the best for the impossible difficulty.

Attached: 1531432900769.png (1147x1048, 948.22K)

Watch the Dorito Pope streams, it looks janky as fuck and the prison uniform isn't nearly as cool as Isaac's engineering or flight-suits.

Whoever wrote it hated the series

I think it looks cool as fuck so far
But I will agree I wish the protagonists helmet wasn't see through

Attached: 1654212318446.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Based post, right about everything.

This was the only truly great part of 3
the lore was still great and the Brethren Moons really added a true sense of lovecrafing horror
If the remakes do well and if they remake DS3 I would personally want to see the entire game changed and remade so it's basically nothing like the original DS3 but I would still keep The Brethren Moons

Attached: d8l0zt1-6d90646b-da68-4df7-82a1-1313f76f4efa.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)