How did Gaben lose nearly $1,600,000,000 and his majority control of Valve?

How did Gaben lose nearly $1,600,000,000 and his majority control of Valve?

Attached: Gaben.jpg (800x134, 80.97K)

fell for the crypto meme

He invested in linux

What the fuck else is he going to spend money on besides more knives for his office?
All of the gimmicky shit like the Steam Controller and Link that they've been putting out for the past decade have all been done at a loss with Gabe basically paying out of pocket just to make it happen. Even if the products were successes, they'd still be financial failures.

The China Effect

He invested in his own company and has been paying his employees well above the norm. Working for Valve is like one of the most prestigious jobs you can get as a game dev.

Surely the vr headset and deck made a profit

He blew money on shit that nobody wanted like Artifact and the Firewatch devs.

he probably only spent about $250k on those, combined

di you people get paid?

>I'M GABE AND I HATE AUTEURS!!! NOOO SINGULAR VISIONS!!! SINGULAR VISIONS ARE BAD! EVERYTHING SHOULD BE DECIDED BY MARKET RESEARCH AND FEEDBACK FROM THE AUDIENCE!!! ART BY DEMOCRACY IS KING!
Hope he dies in horrible pain.

Yes as I said, Valve employees are paid well. Gabe is one of the few CEOs that actually give back.

>Working for Valve is like one of the most prestigious jobs you can get as a game dev.
No, it isn't. Valve has demonstrated it hires anyone and everyone if they have they IP they want to get their hands on and everyone knows once you go to work for Valve you won't be doing much of anything. You're certainly not at the forefront of technology. Working as an engineer on something like the latest Assassin's Creed game is far more impressive to the industry than working for Valve.

>t. assmad ubishit employee who got denied by Gabe

Epic.

Donating it to Democrats.

Well, there's at least ONE person who wanted Artefact.

who

they literally just guess

I have bought every single indie game in the last 10 years on steam or just pirated it, how the fuck does steam not support auteurs? If anything epic goes store is the one hindered my market forces because less people use it and any unique projects will be less exposed to the mainstream. Valve the company and steam the service should be two different things in your arguments.

don't fucking start

I'm starting