Wow, this character creator is amazing! Dozens of class combinations, plus an in-depth yet versatile magic system...

>Wow, this character creator is amazing! Dozens of class combinations, plus an in-depth yet versatile magic system. So many races, species, colors and bodytypes to choose from.
>one human warrior please
>extra white and extra male
>sword and shield spec
>name the hero after my full legal name, because who else would I want to be?
>Oh sweet, I can name the NPC allies too? Name them after my irl friends.

Attached: image_2022-06-27_230305765.png (1383x778, 1.03M)

>be an ugly overdesigned deviantart oc or look normal

Attached: 1500866300.elkdragon_sdadp[y.jpg (1200x760, 202.12K)

That's a cleric

MALE
HUMAN
WARRIOR
Simple as.

I like to play as dwarfs because I'm a manlet

clerics are 9th level spellcasters, it's likely they were the most common class because martials in 5e are fucking boring as sin and there's unique diialogue/rp options for classes with healing where you can use your powers out of combat

You are quoting gigachad I see.

This except I make myself a Dwarf who dual wields or brawls and/or uses a crossbow whenever possible (Baldur's Gate really spoiled me)

Attached: POW.jpg (270x310, 22.76K)

game?

what game is this?

>>Oh sweet, I can name the NPC allies too? Name them after my irl friends.
Yeah user haha me too

Baldurs Gate 3

DOS2

Take it from me, dude, i've played a sword and shield ac tank fighter in 5e
it ain't fun, shield master is fun to shove people with but you're not shoving anything worthwhile with it. The extra dex saves with it are nice.
Eventually AC falls off heavily BIG time and shit will hit you often even with 25 AC - burst damage and crowd control is better damage prevention than damage prevention.
If you want to go that path i'd probably say it'd be best on a paladin because at least then you could smite.

Attached: 1651465727452.jpg (640x636, 50.67K)

>If you want to go that path i'd probably say it'd be best on a paladin because at least then you could smite.
And you'd have the aura. And bless.

>Eventually AC falls off heavily BIG time and shit will hit you often even with 25 AC
That would be like....level 14 territory.
But then again to get to the point with just items and ability and no spells would probably be around that point.

*To get to that AC passively would be around that point

No? I got to 23 AC at level 5 before.
+1 platemail and ring of protection with a non-magical shield and defensive style.

The funniest part is that the tabletop supposedly is written without taking magic items in consideration, so that would make AC even more useless after level 12 or so.
In a videogame where magic items are found in every corner, AC might be more useful later on.

Holy fuck how have I never noticed that? That's fucking hilarious

5e sucks in general. I mean 3.5 and Pathfinder is too far in the other direction what with 4billion feats to consider, but Christ is 5e really limited with what you can do both a building end and gameplay end.