Top 3 VNs

1. Fate Stay/Night
2. Doki Doki Literature Club!
3. the rest are mediocre

Attached: 1547310922464.png (866x592, 502.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/
youtu.be/EIUJ8AAX5wk?t=63
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to punch you real hard

exactly my list (unironically). wtf user

Choke a bitch

Attached: Yume_Miru_Kusuri.jpg (266x374, 24.5K)

or alternatively, do coke and climb a tree

The sad thing is that retards will respond to this as if OP were being serious. FSN and DDLC are genuinely good VNs though.

>Doki Doki
>Muh suicide romanticism

Kill yourself

Genuinely don't get the hype behind Muv Luv, I finished the 3 games a few months ago and the characters/story fell completely flat for me. Cool world building I guess, and the final few fights were really awesome but that's about it. Not worth 70 hours for that.

Also Hayase is the best girl.

Attached: smuggy.jpg (967x1025, 79.36K)

no u

My top 3 Vns

1.Lust academy
2 none vn are for faggots

A dumbfuck like you haven't played nearly enough to have good taste, clearly indicated by your garbage reddit tier top 3

Is Utawarerumono worth playing?

Attached: surprisederu.jpg (1112x929, 127.74K)

Because if you spend 30 hours in Extra and Unlimited you're sure as shit gonna cope and try to like Alternative to justify the time and money wasted.

I read all the side routes in Extra and still didn't get through the coping phase, wtf is wrong with people. It's like a solid 8, no way is that the best VN of all time like VNDB says

Attached: sumika right there.jpg (2416x1416, 967.12K)

Exactly this. world and setting is interesting, characters and story are eh.

I unironically enjoyed Extra more than Alternative.

Fucking eops

you will never be JAPANESE

>dekinai pretending he made it

Yes!

> shonenshit dropped in 10 hours
> garbage westshit ironic gateway VN
stfu
is it good?
Being ironic doesn't mean OP isn't shit
And no DDLC is garbage and FSN is mediocre
Muv luv is great, 9/10, the final fights were whatever btw shit taste
shut the fuck up faggot
this
The gameplay is okay/good, the story is good, honestly it's not that amazing. but give it a try, you might get a lot out of it.
or maybe you're a shit taste brainlet
Yeah I gave it a 9, not best of all time but still great
yikes what is she gonna do to me

Attached: 1570229382271.png (641x625, 381.58K)

characters and story are great as well, the ending was kinda rushed though. the writer is so fucking autistic, 10x more autistic than isayama, he literally spent 1 hour explaining on a whiteboard a single sex scene. regardless of your personal preference muv-luv is intricate as fuck

The Fruit of Grisaia
Umineko
Song of Saya
Mitcher is best girl.

Attached: file.png (250x300, 95.35K)

What's your favorite VN and which VN do you think has the best story? I've read most of them except Utawarerumono and Higurashi is still my favorite

wait grisaia has akio watanabe chara designs? fuck you might have just sold me on it

The choke scene was too much. I stopped

> I've read most of them
You've read 17558+ visual novels? Then what are you doing asking my opinion? I assume you mean you've read most of the top rated ones?
Higurashi is my favorite as well

Attached: anon.png (187x46, 2.83K)

Yeah, he did the character designs in Grisaia.
It took a bit for the VN to click with me, but when it did I fell in love with it. There are barely any choices in it, just so you're aware. It's very much just a shitton of a reading and little interaction, but it's very fun and engaging.

>1. Fate Stay/Night
ISHYGDDT

Like the top 20 on VNDB I mean. I haven't read Little Busters and Utwarerumono.

You're being ironic but I'll take it.

Attached: 1596804454175.jpg (1241x1077, 205.59K)

Why don't you learn japanese while reading your favorite VNs?

sounds good user that's exactly how I like my VNs ty

>responding to every post
fuck off, newfag

Yeah same here, trying to finish up the top 20. Only 2 I couldn't finish were the schizo one whatever it's called and the muramasa one

Grisaia was looong. My 1st route:

Attached: 11312411341412414.jpg (295x310, 22.41K)

I am bored and will reply to whomstever I wish

because most VNs are proprietary
>Proprietary Software Is Often Malware
gnu.org/proprietary/

it's a slow burner. I enjoyed it very much even if some pity parties could be severely shortened, such as the time takeru runs back to his hidey hole after the chomp. character growth is pretty good (besides aforementioned takeru brainfarts), politics are done well, world building is pretty good though it's a shame most of the game is limited to the base, pretty good ost and production value overall... I dunno there really isn't any glaring issues with it and it's just consistently good from the start to the final assault. if you didn't like the characters and general mood of the game from the get go forcing yourself through it is pointless since half of the enjoyment is the evolution of some things which you loved and loss of others. I think to fully appreciate it you need to be one of the rare fools who enjoys both ends of it and they're pretty much on the opposite spectrums, lightmood comedy moeblob and a pretty bleak political, survival, nearly post-apocalyptical psychological drama in the military setting.

Read Higurashi.

Attached: group shot 2.png (640x480, 528.63K)

>Mitcher is best girl.
Damn right she is.

Attached: 1637999768357.jpg (2214x3200, 1.04M)

No worries, hope you enjoy it.
I did Amane, Sachi, Michiru, Yumiko, and Makina in that order. Usually I'm into the nee-san/motherly characters but I wasn't a huge fan of Amane's route. I thought Sachi and Michiru had the best routes. Amane, Yumiko, and especially Makina were better as supporting characters imo.

It's fascinating how the greatest piece of fiction ever written (It's My Own Invention) is just kind of stuck there in a shitty yuri VN.

Attached: mamiyatakuji.jpg (1200x900, 121.01K)

Bros...

Attached: mionbooba.webm (1200x1360, 326.8K)

>Muv Luv OP
Sumika's cute but I also like Mikoto.

But don't watch the new anime.

But its insanely fappable

Attached: 1654035615400.jpg (683x855, 109.92K)

fucking soul, the fucking memories, AIEEEE bros just teleport me to hinamizawa now

Attached: 1605821112727.png (8881x4992, 1.71M)

I haven't read that many, but:
1. Kara no Shoujo
2. Little Busters
3. Tsukihime

>the schizo one
schizo is basically a genre of VNs but I'm guessing this is referring to subahibi
in which case you're a faggot

Attached: 20200524225237_1.jpg (1280x960, 203.23K)

Sotsugou was pretty bad, but it had it's moments.

Attached: 1604022420062.webm (374x450, 530.79K)

>a shitty yuri VN
Hey now. There's also incest.

How is that shit good at all? Dropped it in that chapter. fucking garbage, couldn't take more than 2 hours of the repetitive "I AM SO SCHIZO" shit writing
best part of the VN was the memories room

Is this anime worth watching for her? Ponytail + pitslut is ascended tier.

it's soulless fapmaterial. for better fappable material that has soul see Kira

Does anyone remember the VN that featured light findom?

Be carful what you wish for! Au au au~

Attached: han_3a.png (400x480, 170.94K)

Me too bros.
Something about girl being retard is cute as fuck.

Attached: BB6BCFB7-EC91-41FA-8D93-183BB4780C81.jpg (355x500, 37.61K)

you're the faggot. your pic is retardation. adds nothing to the story. he could be sucking on a dildo, or jacking it to a houseplant, makes no difference what the actual scenario is. it's just "HURRR IM SO SCHIZOOOO!!!!!!"

Muramasa
Baldr Sky
Muv Luv

Attached: BaldrSky.jpg (595x842, 520.78K)

I did. I enjoyed the early mystery, the setting was great, and the atmosphere was phenomenal. Then the comedy segments kept interrupting the pace of the story and got annoying, especially with how lengthy they were. Then chapter 6 had the most insane, retarded ending sequence and ruined all the otherwise good emotional buildup in that very same chapter.
Then chapter 7 and 8 just went off the fucking rails in terms of the overarching story and ruined the entire experience. What a letdown.

literally no downsides to what I asked for.

Attached: 1611199727176.png (300x300, 9.92K)

MFU FU FU...can you last against my stand? AU AU AU

Attached: 1648411705490.gif (501x459, 681.98K)

Michiru is mine

muramasa is garbage
> Then the comedy segments kept interrupting the pace of the story
opinion discarded
> chapter 6 had the most insane, retarded ending sequence
git gud at suspension of disbelief retard
> Then chapter 7 and 8 just went off the fucking rails in terms of the overarching story and ruined the entire experience. What a letdown.
nope, those were better than 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

My favorite VN is Cross Channel because I’ve never related more to a protagonist before.

The problem is VNs are usually written by Japanese autists. They can't help themselves when it comes to autism comedy and fighting against God for some reason. I genuinely wish we'd get an actually consistently good VN that's not childish and on par with novel classics

>adds nothing to the story
you sound like the kind of retard that just wants a checklist of major events
it's about the journey

>just suspend your disbelief for the most insane nonsense to enjoy the story
No. Tell a better story.

>>/lit/

AU A--

Attached: hanyuubooba.jpg (2048x1536, 559.57K)

No, I'm fine with complete and utter filler as long as it fits with the story and resonates as opposed to being completely random, see my previous post on how it can be completely exchangeable

Indeed. I wasn't into that at all before Michiru, but she woke something in me. Absolutely love her for her retardation and forced tsundere shit.

But Sotsugou was the result of all the fans begging to go back to Hinamizawa, and look what happened. Do you really want to risk it again?

Attached: crazy satoko.jpg (1280x720, 146.5K)

Your brain is not developed enough to suspend disbelief, a key skill in enjoying any good story including in particular operas and plays. You're casting out many masterpieces because of your poor mental faculties

youtu.be/EIUJ8AAX5wk?t=63

Look how cute Shion is!