Survival Horror

You are in charge of fixing the horror genre, what's your first course of action?

Attached: 1656234597264.webm (640x360, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1116390/Negative_Atmosphere/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The PC cannot speak, ever.

bring back shotguns and magnums
no more of that rune and hide faggot bullshit

why?
you dont like donte?

Attached: Resident evil Staring Donte.png (1511x763, 505.81K)

bring back flavor text only descriptions instead

Attached: 1629960941613.jpg (1451x1849, 204.04K)

The only expression the PC is allowed is through his body movement and sounds of pain / exhaustion

A new Siren would be great
I no longer care about Silent Hill coming back after years of bullshit
And I would kill for a new Fatal Frame

As for everything else? maybe it's just me but I think survival horror is healing
I mean we got
>The Dead Space remake
>The Callisto Protocol
>RE4 Remake
>Scorn
>Routine
>Alan Wake 2
>Signalis

And ignoring that have you guys played the all the games brining back classic survival horror?
>Alesia
>Tormented Souls
>Song of horror
>Evil Tonight
>Lost in Vivo

I think survival horror has gotten a second kick of life ever since RE7 came out and proved survival horror games have an audience

Attached: yviNh_.png (630x500, 440.58K)

Lol I like how tough she looks.
Game?

Good point.

A kino OST like in Resi 1 is needed too. Most games have no or forgettable music.

>Lost in Vivo
>Good
Were you dropped as a child?

Also, Negative Atmosphere is another Dead Space-looking game.

store.steampowered.com/app/1116390/Negative_Atmosphere/

Siren 2 and yes the school girl with the machine gun and samurai sword is the best
Both scary and cute the perfect combination.

Attached: xx0FEF.jpg (750x1000, 450.25K)

Bring back Team Silent and have them make a game obviously.

What's wrong with Lost in Vivo?
Also I hope Negative Atmosphere is good. it's an interesting time to be a Dead Space fan.

Attached: 91446099_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x943, 771.9K)

This is why they deserved 3 and not just 2

Horror user.
Not action.

The original creator of Silent Hill and Siren is making a new horror game called Slitherhead.

Attached: 202112103245152_1.jpg (1280x720, 107.44K)

I noticed RE2 remake was full of unnecessary cursing. Also noticed it in Revelations 2 I think it was. I have not played these games but if this really is such a common thing in modern horror why? Who the fuck likes that kind of shit? Its actually one of the things I noticed a lot when seeing those RE2 remake trailers and it irritated me how much cursing was in the trailer.

Horror is at it's best when you can fight back user

Attached: 1608998001618.jpg (720x408, 33.1K)

>new Siren
>without Toyama or any other people from Japan Studio/Project Siren

Attached: 1378735147394.png (500x500, 234.72K)

shutting down twitch and youtube

Amyone feel like DLC/extra content makes you not wanna play a game. I have Alisa in my library and i was about to start it until i saw the dev was gonna add more content, so now im just gonna wait until all the updates are done. Same goes for any game that says its gonna have a lot of DLC ,just makes me not wanna play the game.

why you putting words in my mouth? of course I want the original creators making a new Siren.

Attached: 1514803920_Ichiko.Yagura.600.1676112.jpg (519x600, 70.84K)

Its not a horror game, look at the trailer, Its gonna be some action game in the style of DMC.

>comparing fixed camera game that can't show details because textures were 1x1 pixel vs first person game
yeah I want to see descriptions like "This floor made out of floor"

pretty sure they said it's action horror

resident evil wasn't a horror game. horror games do not have rocket launchers.

Yeah I wont lie Alisa's lack of a true ending kind of sucks you can tell it's not complete but what's there is fantastic and I have no doubt once it's full finished it's gonna be considered a classic I fucking loved what I played.

The age of walking simulators is over chud

Action horror is an oxymoron

hope you had the self respect to pirate it

I got it for like 5$ I ain't poor.
Besides I'm happy supporting games like this I want survival horror games to sell

WHY AM I IN CHARGE

WHAT FUCKING IDIOT PUT ME IN CHARGE

if classic RE isn't survival horror than never is SH
Acting like having weapons in a horror game is a bad thing is what ruined horror for the longest time
Fuck walking sims and fuck hide and seek horror I am glad it's slowly fading away.

Attached: Desktop-Screenshot-2019.05.18-14.07.29.17.jpg (1430x784, 147.97K)

Action horror and survival horror are two different things

>i support devs releasing unfinished games
yeah i'm sure that extra content is coming bro, it's only been uhhh 8 months now since the last update but i'm sure it's coming man thanks for your support you good little piggy

lol when did i say weapons were bad? jesus christ can you only think in extremes?

>What's wrong with Lost in Vivo?
Any game which has enemies that SCREAM REALLY LOUDLY at you should be deleted from existence. I remember putting my earphones at 2/100 and it was still way too loud. That's not horror.

I honestly don't get why people like it so much. The gameplay is shit. There are no real puzzles. Combat is easy for the most part. The graphics are awful (if they were going for PS1 vibes, they failed), and the horror is just trying to shock you.

dishonest zoom nigger
flavor text descriptions incentivized you to interact with the environment searching for hints and could be used to convey your character's inner monologue and additional observations. importantly, they were also optional and didnt take you out of the immersion/atmosphere

nowadays character out loud voiced narration is shoved in your face, not to add flavor to things you're discovered yourself, but to spoonfeed you how to progress "ummm.... that door.... maybe i could open it with the key....." and with gratuitous swearing every other sentence as if saying fuck equaled mature writing (when the actual writing is in many ways more juvenile than in older standards), they never shut up and are designed for literal adhd retards who'd otherwise get lost, all while constantly ruining your immersion

Attached: 1648832367924.jpg (1252x929, 461.69K)

It's not my fault your poor user.

What makes the first three RE games action horror user? how is the gameplay different from SH?

Silent Hill should be deleted? Harsh.

keep throwing your money and dumb shit like a nigger and you'll know what that's like soon enough