Release a game in 2001

>Release a game in 2001
>60FPS from start to finish
>Release the sequel a few years later
>Never reaches 60fps, and is frequently below 30FPS
What went wrong?

Attached: MGS3-and-2.jpg (800x450, 78.89K)

jungle leaves and grass

MGS2 was a game that Kojima and his team wanted to make. MGS3 was something ordered by Konami to cash in on the MGS name.

mgs3 is shit

MGS2 is kino but would have been 100x better if Raiden was a hot girl

1 and 2 are god tier

They were working with target spec hardware that was stronger than the PS3 actually was

yep, all the rest are unneeded trash except for peace walker maybe, that shit was fun as a psp game

>source: my anus

>"Hideo didn't want to do a series or franchise like Final Fantasy," says Muranaka. "So he kept fighting with Konami, because Konami were like 'It's a hit.' That's what the business people say. Hideo being an artist, he wanted to make a different video game. But it became so successful that everybody wanted a sequel. That's a kind of hard position to be in. It becomes someone else's game."
Eat shit nigger

OMG MGS 3 HAS 9000 MORE ASSETS RENDERING BUT IT IS UNPLAYABLE BECAUSE ITS 30 FPS

KYS

MGS2 stll has the GOAT trailer after decades.

This. MGS4 is perfectly playable at 14FPS

HOLY FUCK user ABSOLUTELY
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
THE
FUCK
OUT

hehehehehehe... well if it isnt sussy jack

Attached: 398.png (521x521, 372.31K)

Vegetation rendering hard. More news at 11.

And then MGS4 managed to dip down into the single digits during its cutscenes. I thought it was my PS3 shitting itself when I first saw it but nope its actually supposed to run like that

mgs3 has better graphics

yes

Attached: grass.jpg (3828x1080, 854.76K)

Idk OP it's like a more complex game running on the same hardware and a barely modified engine might take more hardware resources I just don't know truly puzzling.

>It's normal for games to get less optimized as a platform ages
lol

Under the circumstances, yes? This isn't like Deus Ex 1 being on Unreal 1 and Invisible War being on Unreal 2 like three years later.

Slopes. MGS3 is infinitely more complex than 2

MGS3 was when Kojima stopped trying and just started to make dumb schlock. But they also focused more on the gameplay which is why MGS3 and MGS4 are the best in terms of gameplay mechanics.

It's been a minute, but MGS2 didn't have slopes? That's like 1992 tier.

>play it on emulator
>back to 60FPS from start to finish
Emulatorchads, we just keep on winning

>MGS3 was when Kojima stopped trying and just started to make dumb schlock.
The franchise started off that way. The fuck?

It had slowdowns on PS2, I got both on my One X and framerate is always perfect while playing

I worded that weirdly, but basically MGS3 had a much more complex system to handle slopes and ground that wasn't just flat and industrial. It took a toll on the engine

But Rising is the best one from the IP so far, still memed as fuck and got a resurgence

rising is a spinoff and isnt part of the mgs series and was made by platinum

MGS and MGS2 are kino, zoomoid.

It is a sequel in fact, Raiden's sequel

everyone knows the best way to play MGS3 is on xbox 360

>no source
>no citation

screen's gone from blocky static industrial geometry to full of complex foliage

FPS from start to finish
this isn't even true and you can tank the frame rate very easily and it happens quite often. did you even play base MGS2 on an actual PS2?

They're also dumb schlock. MGS1 just has actual competent voice acting to sell the over-the-top melodrama and MGS2's plot is more complex with more things to take your mind off how cringe the dialogue is but neither is really all that serious or thoroughly researched compared to similarly-themed media.

The only time I remember MGS3 dropping framerate was when there was an explosion.