The game that filtered Any Forums

The game that filtered Any Forums

Attached: 71+M3kt8QHL._SL1500_.jpg (926x1500, 229.06K)

yeah bc its called "triangle strategy" it sounds so fucking stupid im not going to touch it

Roland suddenly wanting to hand his entire kingdom to the desert people was the stupidest thing.

Beat Tactics Ogre not long ago for the first time, will this live up to that if I try it out?

its good tho

Play Final Fantasy Tactics.

It's annoying that his route is one where he runs away from his responsibilities but he berates himself for the idea in the golden route.

Insantly sided with benedict just to piss him off after hearing how retarded his plan was

Attached: 1633055457432.jpg (625x657, 58.49K)

I've played both, I even touched the not very good FFTA games. Will this scratch the same itch? I am in no way embarrassed to say I skipped most of the dialogue in those games most playthroughs, so if its nothing but 30 minutes of talking and then one battle im out

It's way too easy and has tons of design flaws and poor writing/characterization. Just another wannabe FFT/TO that fails to live up to the marketed hype.

But is it good? Was thinking about grabbing it but $60 is way too much and I doubt it'll ever go on sale

I bought this game day one and never finished it was so boring. I regret buying it. Terrible story.

How is it annoying? The golden route is supposed to be the one where each of the characters overcomes their fatal flaw

>Roland
Realizes that his inferiority complex to Serenoa is what pushed him to be a beta cuck and want to submit to Hyzante
>Benedick
Realizes that it's not OK to be a selfish asshole and prioritize Wolffort Demesne over everything else. However, I am a bit disappointed that he only admits that it's fueled over being cucked from Destra in his route. WIsh they would've included it in the golden route too
>Frederica
Stops being a pushover and finally stands up for herself but was dangerous of overboard like Benedick before being reigned in. Definitely could've been fleshed out more but was satisfactory enough

>reddit tranny frog
opinion disregarded

i bought this game but there were way too many words and cutscenes and stuff. i want a game like this but maybe with less vn stuff. i fucking hate reading so much in video games. i skipped every cutscene i could and gave up 2/3s of the way thru cuz i had no idea what was going on

>NOOOOOOO WHY MUST I READ WHILE I PLAY VIDEO GAMES I WANT EVERYTHING IN VOICE ACTING SO I CAN FEEL I'M WATCHING MY FAVORITE NETFLIX SHOW

Attached: static-assets-upload12131620025997217713.jpg (755x569, 38.3K)

i don't want voice acting either i want GAMES
WHY DO YOU ALL HAVE TO BE STORYFAGS ABOUT EVERYTHING
if i wanted to read a fucking book i would read a book man

user you realize that half the charm in these tactical RPG games is the story right? How do you propose the developer invest your ADHD zoomer brain into the story without reading or voice acting?

Because to some degree Frederica's and Benedict's route still feel like they accomplished their ideals even through flawed execution. Roland just got his petty revenge on Aesfrost and his ideal is for the largest amount of people to live on equal terms, but he knows full well what he's enabled is just an embellished form of slavery (plus actual slavery for the Roselie). Granted, that also makes him the character with the most growth in the golden route.

they should make the game have more levels and focus less on words. that's how. i'm glad you all like your interactive stories. i do not. i want the same gameplay but with more content and less words. a story just needs to be passable, because when they try to hard it's just YA fiction bullshit. so boring

Octopath goes on sale a lot and you can always try a local game store, their prices are all over the place. Mine had Octopath for $25 and when I told them that was too cheap they just laughed.

This flop really filtered a lot of people from buying it.

I liked the demo for the most part but the only thing that annoys me is hard mode balancing. Yeah I can win with good positioning and sacrificing certain units at times but I don't like how all my units feel like mooks compared to the godlike damage dealer that is "random enemy soldier #37". Enemies outdamage most pincer attacks with a non critical attack.