What's the Any Forumserdict on this game?

What's the Any Forumserdict on this game?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_CrossCode.jpg (2000x1000, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gog-games.com/game/crosscode
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fun
i like
gathering materials to trade for weapons is a bit of a pain though

Fun at the beginning, but becomes a chore to play after few hours. I couldn't finish it.

is it as puzzle heavy as some of the reviews make it seem like? the combat and exploration parts seem cool but if the game is gonna force me to do some unfun puzzle every 15 minutes i'm gonna drop it

absolutely putrid sidequests that are required or you will be underleveled

None of the good parts of classic action RPGs but all of the bad filler of modern ones

dungeons are fucking torture for me

They come in waves. You're either doing MMO quests or going into dungeons loaded with puzzles with a boss at the end. At one point they send you through three dungeons back to back, which is where I dropped the game

Attached: 1656350411660.png (384x390, 153.38K)

My verdict is that the dev loves to shill the shit out of this game on Any Forums despite being complete trash.
So fuck off

i think im gonna put off buying it. from the store page i got the impression that it's less puzzle focused than it actually seems to be

gog-games.com/game/crosscode

I'd say it's about 50/50. For example, say that you enter a dungeon. Dungeons are pretty long. You start off with a very simple puzzle, then maybe a new enemy type. Back to the puzzle, same thing but longer and more complex. There is now a door. After clearing the puzzle, you move on and fight an arena of enemies, which nets you the key when you win. Use the key, proceed to next dungeon segment, it's more puzzle. Repeat until you enter the big room with the fuckhuge puzzle, in the process of solving it you will enter the fuckhuge arena room where you face like 60 enemies in an onslaught of waves, winning this nets you the final piece to complete the big fuckoff puzzle, then once you complete that, dungeon boss.
Something like that I'd say is a good summary of how the game tends to go.

>MMO quests
Honestly outside of the initial ones it's not very MMO quests. There's a ton of variety and a lot of things that make use unique use of all the various mechanics.

What are the devs like?

It's fun, but the jungle region is too bloated and some jumping "puzzles" were annoying because of the perspective.

if you want puzzles, theres a crapload of them
they come in bursts though, you may play a section without puzzling for a hour then be doing puzzles nonstop for another hour
fuck the 3 dungeons in a row in the jungle whose idea was that shit man

dont click, leaks mustard gas

>some jumping "puzzles" were annoying because of the perspective.
>some
Try all. Navigating the game was awful.

idk

Only game ive buyed the DLC. The game as it is, is pretty good, but you need to like puzzle games/rpgs. And the perspective puzzle is in poupouse, and its clarified on the snow planes that sometimes the "easy" way isnt the correct one. I understand it can be frustrating. But its part of the fun for the little extra stuff the game has.

Genuinely great game.

Worst parts to me are the occasional weird face portraits, especially with the NPCs (and the noses in general), and the puzzles oftentimes being extra confusing, if not just because the height of the floors didn't always make sense.

Attached: idle.gif (700x394, 2.79M)

Good game, but too long