Is it true that quality =/= sales?

Is it true that quality =/= sales?
What makes a game profitable?

Attached: 1652161397827.png (1024x1005, 705.84K)

>What makes a game profitable?
Retards.

Marketing. There are more good games than there is time to play them. Either you get people to pay attention to your game, or they go and play one of the many other good games they already know about.

Marketing. Quality obviously helps but marketing is more important for big games. Word of mouth too but that usually only comes with quality.

A combination of product quality, price, marketing, costs, and simply being at the right place at the right time.

Normies, whales, retards and people with gambling problems make bad games profitable.

fomo and marketing

Do you think his snout is soft? What would he do if I kissed it?

Attached: 1653900138096.webm (720x626, 229.33K)

Word of mouth is a form of marketing too. It's no coincidence how many games have "leaks" these days.
The Last of Us 2 is the exception that proves the rule, that was just angry workers.

Marketing and hype. If you want your game shilled, you pay in grass, cash, or ass. Them's the rules. Sometimes a legit good game gets free marketing via word of mouth, but usually it's being shilled.

why do you think "accessibility" is such a big thing nowadays? it doesnt matter if your main audience doesnt buy it if you can disperse sale to everyone who can buy it

Grass? marijuana is legal in California, these days you probably have to bring fentanyl.

I guess it depends on if you consider leaks to be word of mouth. Word of mouth can be marketing. You can pay a streamer to play your game for example. You might not even have to pay them, just send a game key. However leakers usually have different motives. Whether they are intentional leaks to build hype or one person looking for attention I don't really consider it as word of mouth. To me word of mouth is genuine interest in something and naturally sharing that interest with others with no benefit to oneself.

You are correct, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. A leak isn't word of mouth, but it's meant to generate it.
People in marketing know that it's a powerful tool, and nearly free to boot, so it's only natural that they try to incentivize it when possible.

>but it's meant to generate it.
Depends on the motive of the leaker but you are right, if the game already has a base that is interested a leak will almost certainly always help generate more word of mouth.

Why is Any Forums this dumb

Elaborate, smart guy.

it was damn smart before you came in

Appealing to the lowest common denominator by creating bland, generic content that offends and challenges no one, in doing so it is nothing special.
Just look at movies.

Attached: 8nb4n0atgpb31-1380696295.jpg (1000x1096, 106.12K)

If devs ACTUALLY wanted to make profits, they'd just put more cute piggers in games.

Attached: 1650064376149.webm (720x720, 460.91K)

I came for a cute piggu thread. Post the pigs

A check to Ziff Davis

Attached: 1641849865696.webm (848x848, 2.1M)

Just ate some porkchops

post more piggies

Cute piggie!