Xeno appreciation thread

>felt burnt out on jrpgs after playing through Trails of Cold steel 4
>want to give XC series a try after seeing some XC3 trailers
>playing XCDE
>initially thought I was going to play mostly the story quests and skip most of the side content so I can move on to XC2
>played more than 40 hrs and completed most of side quests that were available and trying to 100% the affinities chart
>love the characters and story so far
It took me months just to play 40 hrs in CS4 but a week with XC, I should stop playing trails and just stick to ys. I've already played Xenogears, are the Saga series worth a playthrough?

Attached: luczW4HfldJ_p1Pqs1Sg-XH9viik-I4Cf6IVurFxM_Y.jpg (1075x1518, 244.46K)

Just beat X a few weeks ago and nobody wants to bread about it :(

Glad you’re enjoying yourself OP. It’s a wonderful series.

Attached: 649DAAE8-A8B5-440C-8E86-B4C5474339A4.png (730x733, 582.57K)

How's the game? Did you use an emulator?

Thanks, user.

Good, probably my favorite Xenoblade for the gameplay alone. I'm also a contrarian for loving the plot.

Got a WiiU to mainly play it because my PC is dicks, but it's getting more use soon. Love the lil guy

because it sucks and has no way to mute the music.

question - why not get new pc parts instead of buying an old console with no games?

I love Saga EpIII. I and II are the worst Xeno games.
Your mileage may vary as to whether you think they're worth playing. It really depends on your tolerance for movie games with plodding dialogue and a plot that falls apart under the weight of all of its moving pieces.
The worldbuilding, lore and music are top class though.

Attached: mobius.png (1600x900, 1.96M)

It's cheaper that way.

How long is Future Connected? Haven't beaten it yet and was thinking of running through it prior to 3

Is it really though? Considering you just said you'll get another pc build anyway, seems kind of an odd decision to get a console that emulates pretty much perfectly on PC.

I'm not looking to argue anyway, I was just curious. I did something similar last year when I bought a 3DS but that's because 3ds emulation sucks major dick.

like 10 hours. it's really fucking bad though. wouldn't recommend it.

Reminder
old good
new bad

Bro Wii Us are cheap, and Xenoblade X can be had for 20 bucks or less.

Howlongtobeat says 8 hours for the main story, 13.5 hours for a completionist.

Do it. It gives Melia closure on a few things from the main game, and presumably sets up some stuff for 3.

I started it yesterday. So far it's not anything special. It's apparently short, though, so it might be worth trying.

I'll give them a try. I know 2 is the worst of the trilogy.

Finished is last week and as the other anons said it should take about 8 to 10 hours. I had a good time with it and I think you should play it if you like Melia.

Convince me to finish this. I keep trying to pick it back up, but I fall asleep every time. Does it ever get less boring?

Attached: Future Connected.jpg (1280x720, 280.9K)

>the 2 nopons cloned the 2 literal worst party member at their job
>removed vision, aka half of what you'd be doing in combat in the base game
>the nopon horde lags the game horribly
>story is eh
the map is at least cool, and the new outfits are great, but yea, who even approved this shit

No. It's genuinely the "what the fuck were they thinking" moment in the franchise. I think I could have stomached it if they expanded on the base game's mechanics in some ways but instead they literally remove the most unique mechanic for reasons.