Ok yeah it's a "movie game", but it's still the best game that's been made in 10 years and it really isn't even close...

Ok yeah it's a "movie game", but it's still the best game that's been made in 10 years and it really isn't even close. Only kids with the attention span of a goldfish don't like this game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 209.78K)

animation≠moviegame

and I agree its a fucking masterpiece.

Same with death stranding, absolute ludokino

Attached: 2C026522-9DE0-4FAA-B873-2FA200A6181F.jpg (486x631, 19.63K)

Movie game.

The gameplay is shit tier all based around the insane lock on rockstar uses. Never seen such a strong lock on, just mash LT/L2 to lock onto people you can't even see and shoot.

nah, you still need to aim to get those sweet headshots

It's a very enjoyable moving wallpaper, I agree, but I put it down for a week and felt no urge to return. Mediocre game, top tier product of unlimited budget.

No, it sucks, and as far as attention span goes. I really enjoyed L.A Noire and have beat a lot of tedious point and click games over the years.

This

It's not really a game of skill, none of rockstars single player games are or ever have been, and they don't need to be. It's a cinematic game that plays in a way that's meant to make the player feel like a badass and that's why older gamers love rockstar games and particularly RDR2. Because we don't have time for skill based games, we have lives.

Not every game needs to be fucking dark souls. Not every game needs to have such a heavy focus on skill.

>It's a cinematic game that plays in a way that's meant to make the player feel like a badass
>mission failed because you shot the serial killer chasing you
rockstar garbage is barely a game
its not a fun toy because it needs to interrupt the sandbox with its poorly executed set pieces and its not a fun game because the core gameplay can't be challenging and must be on autoplay so that its mouthbreathing audience can go through the "epic story" without interruptions

nah

Hes right.

When was the last actual game Rockstar made? Fucking MP3? That was over a decade ago

play on PC pleb

no impllied gay sex = garbage and regression for western genre

>no impllied gay sex
uhhhh user

I liked this game but it's piss easy. All the different guns feel pointless because you can just click on heads with any of them. The atmosphere and immersion the world creates makes up for the simple gameplay.

>mission failed because you shot the serial killer chasing you
>Why won't the game just let me heckin break the story
Yeah so? Every game with a story has failure conditions, even the most open ended games. Having a ridged story beats having a convoluted story that's a mess because everything is left up to player choice. In rdr2 triggering a failure conditions is rarely something you come across in normal gameplay. What the fuck do you really expect? It's not Skyrim, it's not fallout, it's fucking red dead.

It's not a moviegame though. People complain that it's too rigorous a cowboy simulator. Only fucking morons who didn't play it call it a moie game.
That's even LESS of a moviegame. Death Stranding is pretty much all gameplay with some front and backloaded story splurges.

It's because it's a badass cowboy simulator basically. It's designed to make you feel like you've stepped into a Clint Eastwood movie and it does a great job of it.

Yeah like I said, it's definitely a movie game but it's fun, it's beautiful and it's story is kino so it's a 10/10 for me

The only time the sandbox is interrupted is when you decide to interrupt it by starting a mission.How are people so fucking dense these days? I swear, people like you are below the level of special needs at this point. Just unthinking automatons who say stuff occasionally. Can that even be categorised as a person?

lmao

The Mexico portion is lacking.

Not that user, and I get where you're coming from, but they could have taken the ND approach in some scenarios where you "play" the game without having the option to actively interrupt the mission structure. When you're captured by a serial killer, regain control of Arthur, and have the option to draw your gun, most players are going to shoot that idiot, not expecting a Failed Mission screen for it. They could have just designed some of the encounters/missions better.

It's good for one playthrough. Maybe a 2nd to only do hunting in chapter 2/3.
Who the fuck would want to replay it in its entirety?

Lacking to the extreme considering that Mexico isn't even in the game.

It's not about attention spam, I don't mind the riding sequences because it let's you absorb the world. It's just the game is anti-fun making every little action a slog with "muh realism" bullshit

It's a good game and worth a playthrough, but it is not the best game in the last decade.

People who like it? I've replayed it about three times total. Each one taking about half a year.