It's not about making the switch to PC, it's realizing the limitations of being solely a console consumer

It's not about making the switch to PC, it's realizing the limitations of being solely a console consumer.

Just about anything I want is on PC, glad I'm finished with consoles with the PS4 gen.
I love my PS4 and I don't really regret getting one but the more that PC gathers ports and develop emulation, the term "exclusivity" has gotten less serious over the years.
I wouldn't urge you to give up your consoles but to be more open-minded that these brands aren't friends but a method for entertainment.

I have a Switch and I don't plan to get a Steam Deck, Hori's Split Pads take care of the stick drift and there's a wholesome good amount of titles that play really well handheld which is my main way of playing. So I'd say I'm not a total PC elitist and still see value in console novelties, but the chances of me continuing the console cycle dies down with each generation moving forward.

>tl;dr
consoles lack the same appeal as they did 10 years ago, are a couple exclusives the sole reason you're not on PC yet?

Attached: 1635844059548.png (640x1136, 1.11M)

i never cared about exclusives

okay, but do you solely play on consoles? if so, why can't a PC do you the same favors?

I have most platforms I care about, and i dont give a shit either way. I dont plant my flag anywhere, nor do I simp for multi billion dollar companies.

But sometimes the whole, plug and play shit does have its merits. Just today, i installed L4D2 and I shit you not, it broke my laptop's wireless connection, somehow. I spent my whole afternoon trying to figure out how to fix it, just because i installed a game and went online with it.

no i play on pc and console

There doesn't exist a console game that I wish was on PC.

So it's about consistency and easy of access.
Sure, I agree with you on those parts. I enjoy playing with a controller more than KB+M, it's how I grew up. Consistency for PCs is a wide range, I kinda want to say it was expected that maybe something like that happens on an old laptop but my experience with finnicky situations are little to none. Personal experiences are not helpful I know, but setting up a decent PC usually trumps those issues out.

then why bother with a console if exclusives don't hype you up? a PC probably has those games you want and more.

>want to game in 1440p
>alright I need a new GPU
>hmm this 6700xt looks good, 500 bucks... alright
>oh, I need a new monitor
>filters: 1440p, 144hz
>results are all 27", not a single 24"
who the fuck would want to stare at a 27" at his desk
why are 24" 1440p 144hz so rare?

pc costs more. i already feel guilty about how much money i throw away on this mindless shit buying consoles 3 years after release and only playing games after their price drops. i can't possibly imagine spending more than $100/month on vidya

I've been using my PS4 to Vidya more than my PC lately, as most modern games are starting to lag or not run at all.

Its about the games. I don't care what system I play it on as long as it runs well and and it's fun.

And no I don't care about "muh 120fps@4K" like a lot of autistic manchildren here. I don't care for big titty mods either.

Attached: 584e608cc7bef9a87b7648810e66395d.jpg (236x476, 25.47K)

Even decent modern PC ports?
God Hand
Viewtiful Joe
Ratchet and Clank trilogy + Deadlocked and Size Matters
SOCOM PS2 series
Metal Gear Solid trilogy
007 Agent Under Fire and Nightfire
Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Warerabbit
Killzone 2
Star Fox Assault
Smash Bros Melee
Kirby Air Ride
FF: Crystal Chronicles - My Life as a King
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Motorstorm series
God of War trilogy
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
Judgement and Lost Judgement

that's a taste of what we'll never get

>Only like Playstation for exclusive JRPGs
>They play the funniest April Fools joke in the industry in 2016 by becoming an American company and burning every bridge they have in Japan
>All these titles are now coming to Switch/PC
I came out on top, but boy howdy am I gonna feel silly when they finally stop pretending to be so obscenely retarded for an April Fools joke

Attached: 1306379715124.jpg (768x402, 55.75K)

The Darkness
Red Dead Redemption

I consider PC to cost way less, I'm not motivated by launch day prices so I wait for sales. I'm not paying online monthly for multiplayer so I also save there too. My PC is a multimedia monster and great for making videos and music with, utilizing a use outside vidya and anime.
Games on console also barely go down in price, especially physical releases, but the same can't be said for games on PC if you know where to shop.

Take the 4k 60hz tv pill. You are not a pro gamer. You do not need more than 60hz.

he looks just like me fr

Most of those games have better alternatives on PC, or are not interesting to me. The only game I desired was Bloodborne after the constant shilling, but I got bored after a couple hours and went back to Dark Souls III. I also tried Animal Crossing through emulation, but after an hour I realized it is subpar compared to Stardew Valley and Minecraft.

If it's about games, what's stopping you from making a good investment on new GPU or CPU and keeping your games running optimally?
Sure, they can price up a lot every now and then but you're not limited to new titles either.
There's a potentially massive backlog if older games can catch your eye.

Why do I have to share a board with people like you

They made RDR2. The darkness looked cool but that came out in the same year as The Orange Box, so I forgot about it after seeing the one trailer.

Now with all these autistic pc ports of previously console exclusive games, pc has become even more base.
Playing Ocarina of Time at 165hz, with gyro aim, equipable boots, faster text and many other qol improvements is a fucking blast that we would never get if it wasn't for spergs. Nintendo would never do a current gen port as good as this.
Now there is the Jack port, a game I have been meaning to play for a long time.
Can't wait to see what other soulfull games gets ported. I for one would love Toy Story 2, Spyro or Jet Force Jemini.

lol, I never trusted Sony with titles since TLOU and Spiderman. You can call them fun games but they did impact how Sony wanted to market themselves in the future

>RDR2
Which sucked, imo. What was simply going to a mission destination and start kicking ass was replaced with waking up at base camp, help Dutch braid his pubic hairs, chopping wood, and spitting at the prisoner back at camp.
Too much "movie" than game, and the rest of the "game" is a combination of weak mini-games and collectathon in the fucking middle of nowhere.

kinda shit taste but at least you see the value between your games

Sit back from your screen and/or get a curved monitor. Helps a lot.

>what's stopping you from making a good investment on new GPU or CPU
Saving for a new car to drive bitches in...
Also I'd only want a new rig to handle VR, which isn't a high priority
Very few games interest me these days desu, especially after Elden Ring.

Attached: 1649010318617.png (981x1004, 732.52K)

Ask me how i know you are an eastoid