How do we fix JRPGs?

How do we fix JRPGs?

Attached: 1554065041553.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/IfMOmyzhxzLEiB8K9WeGyQ/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By facilitating schizoposting. Holding O is not good game design. In fact, it's not a game at all.

>Japan bad/japanese thing bad and/or dumb amirite?
Upvote me

By making them like it's 1996 again.

FF7R perfected it.

Already fixed by Xenoblade

By using the Nep-Nep battle system.

Add a greater degree of freedom and interactivity (ie, the core basis of RPGs).

Attached: baldur's gate vs final fantasy.jpg (2000x2344, 687.73K)

As for TB battles, the trend has been either outright ditching them or just introducing a lot of visual flair to the same stale model. Many different and interesting mechanics could be tried with the TB battle system like in webm and I wish more devs focused on that instead of desperately trying to circumvent them to appeal to a broader audience.

Attached: 1643481530246.webm (862x480, 2.71M)

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/IfMOmyzhxzLEiB8K9WeGyQ/
>387 times

how salty are you, Barry?

Stfu dumbass boomer

go back to the turn BASED combat system.

Don't fix what it isn't broken.

The summoner one for JRPG is quite the stretch. At least use FFX for that.

>that thing i don't like? make it more like thing I like!
Based solipsism user

It's sad though that it took them so fucking long to finally strike the right balance between command-based actions and real-time gameplay. ATB from the 90s took all the way until 2020 to get the balance right, the real-time gameplay part in particular. Until then the real-time gameplay either was almost non-existent (ATB) or way overblown (KH system, action RPGs in general, etc.)
Guess it really took the pressure of "getting it right" for FFVIIR for them to finally revive their creative brain cells again.

> implying the best game of all time needs fixing

wow another solid post

wrpgs and jrpgs are two completely different kinds of games
jrpgs are about 4 niggas in a row fighting shit and dungeon crawling. its like 70s dnd cut down to its very essence. and the linear storytelling lets the writers and designers take you through an adventure with varied locales and scenarios, instead of setting you loose and letting you chip away at an open map
wrpgs are more comprehensive in their systems, more open ended, and usually have better writing. but most of them aren't actually fun to play as video games because they dont have the razor sharp focus of their counterparts. like how many wrpgs have straight up dogshit combat thats not fun or even strategic. and dont bring up OPs webm because thats a cherrypicked example of a story focused fight

basically
>wrpgs = roleplay, writing, freedom, exploration
>jrpgs = combat, characters, setting, adventure

personally i prefer jrpgs because the wrpg experience can usually be provided much better by actual tabletop

More nuanced romance options and fully animated and interactive sex scenes, with an impregnation option.

sex sc-
THIS

Left has no personality and are forgettable characters

this webm is disingenuous as it leaves out the fact that Dark Nation as already been slain

literally just play something else
I don't even like jrpgs