Kind of hard to disagree with this

Kind of hard to disagree with this.

Attached: twitter graphics and combat do not mix.png (977x995, 870.37K)

worked for yakuza 7

I will take sub-par graphics but with good gameplay over realistic graphics and bad gameplay (like what happened with XV)

This and that

You're going to summon him
The mercenary
The masked man

Did it, actually? I thought sales were mediocre and reviews were lukewarm on the systems.

can't let a shitposter get in the way of facts

We can all agree XV was trash right?

No it didn't and also
>Y7
>realistic graphics

I kind of agree. Turn-based systems are, ultimately, an abstraction. So are many other things in video games, including visuals. If the visuals are realistic, your brain naturally wants everything else to match that, so when things are disproportionately abstracted, it feels wrong. But that applies to health bars and damage and all that as well; it's still pretty jarring to bat away at something with a fuckhuge sword and only do slivers of damage that the target doesn't visually react to.

agreed. The "gameplay" sucked so hard I never bought any DLCs because it's still Hold O to win in the DLCs

I guess it kind of does.

Attached: Yakuza 7 Combat 01.webm (500x280, 2.78M)

Of course. Don't let the one who shall not be named or the it's larpers tell you otherwise.

Attached: T6FxD1.gif (320x180, 1.17M)

Then do more deliberate combat instead of dmcshit.

Mild agree. I don't think it can't work, but it's harder.
Turn-based just looks so much better when it's very stylized. eg. Dragon Quest.
Either way, I don't think FF should be a turn-based franchise. DQ is already holding that spot and doing it much better and more consistently, and has been for many many years over FF.
It's clear that SE wants to turn FF into a big bombastic action series, however XV was such a dumpster fire somehow even SE realized that they needed to do something different for XVI. At least it seems like they are genuinely taking it seriously and genuinely cares about making GOOD ACTION by hiring competent people who knows how to make good action and not put some bumbling fucking buffoon who has no idea what the fuck he's doing in charge.

>realistic graphics

yeah?
compared to shit like persona and dragon quest

Lost Odyssey works just fine.

ITS OVER

Attached: 1655950377755.png (1498x80, 17.74K)

This looks super dumb, which is fine because it's Yakuza but yeah, Yoshi P does have a point

Holy shit how will b-man ever recover?

Gee, maybe the solution would be not masturbating over realistic graphics.
Also, Lost Odyssey is a great example of the concept working. Square is just scapegoating big time.

he's right

user no you'll begin the summoning

I hope this is real

We can all agree that final fantasy games are fucking trash in general.

Casual fans hated it, you are in denial.

The sales in Japan says otherwise but okay

I can't wait for this game to do 300k there and for people to try and play it off as anything besides a titantic tier disaster.

this, i also love the last remnant, my favorite jrpg of the last 2 gens