Is it Eggman or is it Robotnik?

Is it Eggman or is it Robotnik?

What's this character's name?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

Dr. Eggman Robotnik

he is the eggman, like the song says

Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

Robotnik is his official birth name. Originally it was an English localization that was canonized in Japan for Sonic Adventure

Eggman is his nickname, and was his original name in Japan.

Sonic Adventure handled this best. He is Robotnik but Sonic and his friends call him Eggman.

Kintobor

JP (games): Eggman is his self-chosen nickname, Robotnik was revealed to be his actual name in Sonic Adventure.

EN (games): Robotnik is his real name, Eggman is a nickname Sonic & friends gave him in Adventure that he decided to embrace starting in Adventure 2.

EN (movies): Only identifies as Robotnik as of Sonic 2, Eggman is just what Sonic & friends occasionally call him.

I do not know how his names are explained in the comics, the old cartoons, Sonic X, or the JP dub of the movies.

Dr Pingas

Googoo goojoob

Attached: EgG Man.jpg (805x636, 57K)

I will always call him Robotnik. Robotnik sounds like a badass villain. Eggman is nursery-rhyme tier.

>I do not know how his names are explained in the comics
Julian Kintobor, who changed his name to Ivo Robotnik when he became a dictator (later retconned into having taken the name Robotnik after his ancestor Gerald Robotnik)

>I do not know how his names are explained in the comics, the old cartoons, Sonic X, or the JP dub of the movies.
In Fleetway he was Dr Ovi Kintobor, a gentle (if crazy) scientist trying to rid Mobius of evil by making the Chaos Emeralds absorb it all with a machine called the ROCC, the Retro Orbital Chaos Compressor. He became friends with Sonic and, one day while cleaning a rotten egg out of his fridge he tripped on a wire and smashing into the ROCC. This combined him, the egg and the evil in the Emeralds and transformed him in Dr. Ivo Robotnik.

Despite being made with an egg, making egg puns early on in the series, eating eggs a lot, being called egg-breath by Sonic and co, and even once changing his physical form by turning into a giant egg, he is never once called Eggman.

>Only identifies as Robotnik
heh

Robuttnik

Robotnik has never been canon in the japanese version. He was never called Robotnik in the japanese script of Adventure.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik has and always will be his best name
"eggman" is cringe shit

His grandfather is literally Gerald Robotnik.

>Robotnik was revealed to be his actual name in the english manual for Sonic 1*
ftfy

Dr. Robo-tonic

Attached: Eggman4.png (853x438, 235.32K)

CAPTAIN VIDYA

There's Gerald and Maria Robotnik, his grandfather and niece, plus one of the monitors refers to the Robotnik Empire. In his now famous "I've come to make an announcement" scene.

That user is right in the sense that Japan never acknowledged "Robotnik" until SA2.
The whole "his name is Robotnik but Sonic calls him Eggman" thing only existed in the English version of SA1.

stop trying to force this, Retro fag

It's not cringe, but it is generally worse than Robotnik, partly because almost nothing he creates is actually egg-themed.
Even the Death Egg isn't egg-shaped. You'd think that would have been a no-brainer.

ROBOTNIK

FUCK EGGMAN

FUCK THIS STUPID NAME

IT'S DR IVO ROBOTNIK

EGGMAN IS CHILDISH