Why do people hate localisers so much?

Why do people hate localisers so much?

Japanese dialogue translated word for word is incredibly dry. Boring. Alien to our sensibilities and in a bad way.

I would go so far as to say a massive part of Japan's good image amongst weebs comes from localisers who make those games seem more vivid than they really are.

Attached: 1420933545904.jpg (500x335, 60.38K)

They do a shit job and hate both the source material and their audience.

A translation can still sound good without resorting to memes and and complete rewrites.

--Normal localisation
Translation
sho ga nai = it can't be helped.

--American localisation
sho ga nai = Fuck I love trans rights! gender is a social construct and you need to ask everyone's pronouns please! Fuck drumf.

Delete that racist image.

Localizers are fine when they're not destroying the original intent of the work. Changing a joke that Americans wouldn't really get is fine.

English Subtitles when you have the Japanese VA should switch to an undub though.

Original Japanese
>wordplay
Trannylated English
>ayy lmaooo trans rights fuck drumpf

>Why do people hate people who hate fans and go out of the way to "own" them by deliberately making shit translations so much?
Gee, I dunno

Translation always beats localization, and 99% of the time dubs. This applies to all languages. T. Trilingual

>dry, boring, alien
dont care. I want it raw

>Japanese dialogue translated word for word is incredibly dry.
Well I guess we don't have any other choice than to add Whedon-style quips and tranny shit everywhere since OP the gigantic faggot finds it "boring" otherwise.

>Japanese dialogue translated word for word is incredibly dry
Don't care. To localize a game and thus change the behavior of certain characters as well as the motivations for their actions, you destroy the developer's intended vision.
I also do not trust most video game localizers or even translators to do a good job since if they're stuck working for a video game firm, they're probably shit at their jobs. Same goes for anime translations

Attached: 1656326476201slol.jpg (250x167, 9.98K)

Only the weebs hate localizers because of their autistic devotion to jap pop culture which is ironic since they also refuse to learn the language

>Why do people hate localisers so much?
I don't.
I hate AMERICAN localizers, because they think that they're the sound of justice and don't give a fuck about the OG authors' intentions and tone.

Only a mono-tongue Burger could claim that.
I learned your language at a very young age, and just like I wouldn't want to see Muppets get "localized" out of existence, I sure as hell don't want any other smaller culture's unique traits to get tampered by SJW zoomer morons.

My personal rule for whether a translation is good or bad is whether it changes the personality and motivations of characters or not. Translating「しょうがねぇ」into "shit's fucked" is fine if the character is supposed to be rebellious and edgy.

Attached: bait.jpg (500x294, 40.92K)

>and don't give a fuck about the OG authors' intentions and tone.
>>paid for and hired BY japanese companies to do the localization
'No'.

>Japanese (Californian) companies
FTFY

You're a walking contradiction. If you know the language then why even buy the localized version of the game mouth breather? Rent free by the way

>Changing a joke that Americans wouldn't really get is fine.
No, it’s not. I consume foreign media because the culture there is different. I don’t want to see it replaced with western retardation because mutts are too stupid to understand other cultures.