Find a single flaw

Find a single flaw.
Besides balance and whiffing normals to build meter

Attached: 7358807.png (1438x1451, 685.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKoSRQTWqS0&ab_channel=TheOSTLobbyYoutube
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the parry mechanic

No 1080p remake ever

-parries
-super arts being selectable actually removed options, because basically 1 of the 3 was always better and you lose the other 2
-community uses the initial arcade version that has unblockables rather than the later arcade update

No Sakura.

Attached: 1625779194890.jpg (2550x3510, 3.61M)

The Super Art system's brilliance is undermined by how over a third of the cast doesn't really have a meaningful choice and only 2 or 3 characters have all their SAs viable.

More subjective, but the consistency a player can parry in common situations creates really wide skill gaps. If you like 3S but aren't good at parry, you're fucked.

Attached: 1654634095525.jpg (399x382, 72.64K)

no balance update ever. They don't even have to make insane changes, stuff like making chuns SA2 1 bar, yuns SA3 be a full length meter, making alex's SA2 grab actually land.

Not enough World Warriors killed the hype. Also 3D fighters got a big boost and made this game look dated by comparison even if the 3D fighters aged like milk.

multiple super arts in theory is great, it just wasnt executed the best in 3s. there are a handful of characters that have more than 1 useful super art
which in some cases (like Hugo's) gives players who maybe cant do the difficult input for one super an alternative

Selectable SAs is good because it's a choice based on the length and number of meters each one has. It should be that your choice is even between your powerful super with a single long bar, your weaker super that stocks multiple, and your super that's mostly for giving you a lot of EX to play with. Problem is too many characters including most top tiers don't really have to make a choice.

Of course, I say that as Justin Wong won 3S at CEO using Chun SA1 to counter pick a Hugo.

It's somewhat stiff
Stages aren't selectable so if you're doing a longer set you'll constantly hear the same music

If the game was more popular it would have gotten it. Interviews confirmed that developers of that Era really wished they could've patched games like they can today. Sometimes ports would get balance updates like CvS2 EO but 3S took years to get ported outside of the pretty accurate Dreamcast version.

I'm still butthurt that the pushback against Sirlin's ST HDR rebalance (which was OPTIONAL) is why 3rd Strike Online didn't have a rebalance. 3S was the one that needed it.

>making alex's sa2 grab actually land
why the fuck are you talking about balance for a game you don't play
god I hate this fucking board

awful niggery OST that doesnt hold a candle to the previous title's masterpieces

I could have worded that better. I meant make it land as long as the punch part of the super actually hits. If they are far enough away, you can hit them with the initial hits but the final grab will just whiff.

On the bright side that prevented Sirlin from fucking things up further down the line, so there's a silver lining.

Attached: 1615134435532.png (688x688, 414.69K)

there's literally no situation where you should be doing the super from that far away
it will never whiff doing it from the range of any of alex's confirmable buttons

ayo dis bruva aint digging it

youtube.com/watch?v=MKoSRQTWqS0&ab_channel=TheOSTLobbyYoutube

Attached: 1654041500646.gif (50x50, 13.28K)

The thing about Street Fighter is that, invariably, the final version of each major entry is a very good game held back by some stupid mechanical design decision (carried over from an earlier iteration) and a top tier or two. ST, A3, 3S, EX3, USFIV, and the Definitive Patch of Season 5 of SFV are all around 7.5-8.5/10 games, maybe Alpha 3 is a 9 if you have a console version with all the extra shit. Even SFxT v2013 is a decent game despite everybody giving up on it before that patch. This is the main reason why I have some hope for 6; it's trying to look less like a barebones vanilla release than anybody expected after V's pitiful vanilla launch state.

Attached: 1652890205403.png (885x885, 1.17M)

>If you like 3S but aren't good at parry, you're fucked.
nothing stops you from playing with other shitters and developing your skills. no need to fight some B/A/S rank
>but smurfs
just take the L and remember their name. and remember the name of the people who are actually on your level and develop a bond.

Psyche out = Nile > Judgement Day
Fite me

>dnb is nigger music
good lord

Even then what hip-hop exists in 3S is great. Let's Get It On is iconic. 3SO's main theme is also great. In comparison the main theme of 6 is mediocre, but the character themes are all much better than it so I'm not quite writing off the OST yet.

/thread

Attached: 1638674918096.jpg (969x726, 185.5K)

>the best thing about the game is... le bad
kill yourselves

>best thing is parry
Parry was the worst thing. EX moves were the best thing.

Parry is the defining mechanic of SF3, not the best thing about it. The SA system and the introduction of EX moves within it was the best aspect, and all it needed was more characters having all 3 SAs be viable.

>being able to tap a direction and rape some autopiloting retard at any time
parry is the best fucking mechanic ever put in a fighting game
fuck you, respect me and my read you dumb fucking NIGGER

Attached: q-549043411.webm (904x670, 2.71M)

>*throws you*
Eat shit.

Is this guy retarded? should i take him seriously?

>punishing parry
B-BUT 3S PARRIES HAVE NO WHIFF ANIMATION THEY'RE UNPUNISHABLE WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: d.webm (858x614, 2.73M)