"Dude you should play DayZ its so much fun"

>"Dude you should play DayZ its so much fun"
>So its a zombie survival game?
>"No, you just grief other players 24/7, the zombies have hardly anything to do with the gameplay."

Attached: DayZ.png (451x218, 47.49K)

Imagine being so retarded you call PVP "griefing"

They weren't kidding when they said that the zombies aren't the main focus of the game. Only reason why they went with it was so they could kickstart a trend of garbage that's still plaguing Steam to this day with early access openworld trash.

I like the idea of DayZ, but whenever I play it I die to death after spending a few hours looking for food and finding nothing then getting hit by a glitching zombie and not being able to heal myself
>Look under the fruit trees retard
I do, I've searched multiple entire orchards without finding a single thing.

The game exists for sociopathic pvp and griefing, yes.jpg. You can knock someone unconscious, tie them up, strip them of all their loot and feed them human meat which will give them Kuru and slowly kill their character. Or you could make them drink gasoline. Its great.

Still remember playing the mod back in 2012 before Youtube and Reddit discovered it
>picking up the Enfield as soon as you spawned in a barn and calling it the dinner bell because every zombie in a 5 mile radius would come running as soon as you fired it
>sitting in buildings in Elektro doing stupid shit like making cat noises over proximity chat whenever I saw someone wander into town
>coming across the holy grail that was a vehicle
>hunting bandits
>having to reload your axe when melee was first implemented
>spending hours trekking to get to the military base to die in firefights with everyone else going there looking for endgame gear
Then the standalone dropped, good god what a shitshow. I'm genuinely surprised it's still going

Attached: 1635153238089.jpg (1242x1063, 273.03K)

he's probably the type that wines about invasion system in videogames

pEoPlE aRe thE reAl mOnsTerS

>I'm genuinely surprised it's still going
Nothing has really managed to supplant it despite the massive amount of DayZkillers out there touting their shit as the next best thing. Not to mention the modding and general community run servers keeps it afloat in a world where vidya is clamped by the balls with matchmaking and publisher controlled servers. The Day Before is probably the next big one to watch if it doesn't fall on its face like everyone else has over the last decade.

user you're supposed to be stocked on food, there's food literally everywhere in buildings and shit

No other game ever has made me feel like this. Its a rush.
>yfw you get to a police station or military and see a dead zombie you didn't kill
>the diamond factory that is your sphincter when you hear player foot steps
There's nothing like it.

>survival
>open-world
>crafting
name another combo of tags that make you personally ignore a gamr

When I was playing back then I either did a 'pvp run' (self explanatory) or 'highscore run' where I'd kill as many zombies as possible without dying. I forget what rifle I used but I went around shooting and being loud, but it wasnt enfield loud I dont think. I think I got 3k or 5k, but eventually would always get ganked by a player.

Real fucking terrible gameplay when you think about it. Just a bunch of sniper fags camping waiting to shoot players looting. So much time wasted for so little action.

theres a plethora of pve servers that he could've jumped on. the cracks start to show though with how boring the experience is when you aren't pissing yourself. the mechanics practically encourage you to be a raging prick, tying people up, force feeding them gas etc.

If I just shot you on Livonia 4913 know that I feel like an asshole. Like I feel like an absolute fucking scumbag. But my dude, you can't trust anyone when you have an SVD on your back.

>early access
doesn't even need to be a combo

i always wondered what the appeal of this dogshit was for people.

PUBG streamlined it for people who wanted PVP
RUST did the survival/griefing aspect better
Tarkov got rid of the dumb zombie gimmick

now the player count is making a steady comeback for some reason

Started playing it a month ago and it's pretty fun, at least playing with a friend. Spent weeks playing on a low pop server to get my feet on the ground.
Funny how much the game changes when I switched to a higher pop server.

No.

Attached: DayZModvsStandalone.png (2518x1024, 681.14K)

>lets took successful mod
>made standalone game out of it
>and then fuck up balance, mechanics and overall whole gameplay
who the fuck thought that tedious 'survival' game will be better than openworld pvp shooter?

Lootinf for 6 hours to die and start over is le fun

Zombies being the focus always lead to boring shit anyways. If they multiplied the number by 100, people would just sit around growing food and doing nothing.
Standalone hit its all time peak recently, even before streamers started playing it again. The problem with the other games is too much PVE, or too much base building. Shit like Tarkov just dilutes the experience of meeting people randomly because its expected and happens within a 40 minute match.

reddit as always
their entire forum for the first year was just fucking WHAT IF SONIC WAS IN DAYZ and WE NEED MORE BERRIES AND LEOPARD HATS

Fucking made everything about the game monotonous and extremely overly complicated and pointless.
Something as simple as healing over 5s in a firefight became a fucking 2 hour 17 step ordeal.

What a fucking shitshow.

>dayz mod
zombies everywhere
>dayz standalone
not a single zombie in cherno

Game runs well. More than you can say about literally any other fucking open world survival game in existence.

>le humans were the real monsters all along!

I still cant fucking understand how their "loot economy" works.
And who tf thought that stone should be harder to find than fucking guns?