Jauffre would be the one to know. He lives quietly as a monk, in Weynon Priory. Near the city of Chorrol

Jauffre would be the one to know. He lives quietly as a monk, in Weynon Priory. Near the city of Chorrol.
Near the city of Chorrol.

Attached: Baurus.jpg (1280x937, 542.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wHL7zyLsQ2k
youtube.com/watch?v=iwUoWUPZcc8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has a cathedral therefore its a city. Whats your point?

I love Oblivion. Such a great game (once you mod out the retarded levelling system).

youtube.com/watch?v=wHL7zyLsQ2k

I’ll pay you well!

I’ll pay you well!

(Well, yes)

Chorrol was such a comfy town. Most towns in Oblivion were now that I think on it.

oblivion was terrible. it had a pleasant atmosphere and some great quests but everything else was fucking awful

The voice actor says “he lives quietly as a monk” as if it’s a figure of speech, but Jauffre literally is living quietly, as a monk

That's nice and all but WHICH is the comfiest?
I'm thinking Anvil:
>neat scenery with docks and ships
>kino side quests (Haunted House, Grey Cowl, the Painter)
>nice house you can own
The 2nd closest for me would probably be Cheydinhal.

Attached: uriel.png (497x722, 506.96K)

for me, it's bruma

Attached: sn_w.gif (800x450, 2.73M)

I would agree, I liked how it was laid out. Plus the hills surrounding it inland.

I see you, and I appreciate you
However
youtube.com/watch?v=iwUoWUPZcc8

Bruma is nice because of the snow and mountains but Idk, it's too "woody" and samey for me. I def loved the Mage Guild quest there though. Hell, most of the intiation quests were fucking great. How did they pull this off and then went to shit the bed with Skyrim? Was it entirely different teams?

City status in medieval society has more to do with trade charters than population or size of its infrastructure. There's many cities in Europe that we'd look at as villages now.

I loved travelling from guild house to guild house gathering recommendations to get in. Contrast to Skyrim where I cast a Light or Firebolt spell and suddenly I'm the Gulid Master.

And then the sad part is that the mages guild in Oblivion is still shit anyway, and almost ruined Mannimarco before ESO finished the job

yeah it's a shame that the recommendation journey is way way more fun than actually doing the mages guild questline itself

>the mages guild in Oblivion is still shit anyway
Not really. I'd say only the finale is awful, the rest ranges from ok to great.

This gentlesir understands

How terribly peeved!

They still had Morrowind's director and he was a big fan of the slice of life aspects of the elder scrolls, though he had less control during Oblivion but his influence wass still there I think.
No, it sucks. Necromancer cave after necromancer cave. Hilariously lame final boss/antagonist character. Stupid characters that you have to work for. Boring black and white morality that doesn't even make sense with the lore of necromancy in Cyrodiil. Cherry on top is they gated spellcrafting and enchanting behind joining them too so you have to fucking join them even if you don't agree with them or you dislike the faction. I liked the initiation quests alright too, but being forced to do them just to get to spellcrafting and shit made me slowly dislike them.

>Cherry on top is they gated spellcrafting and enchanting behind joining them too so you have to fucking join them even if you don't agree with them or you dislike the faction. I liked the initiation quests alright too, but being forced to do them just to get to spellcrafting and shit made me slowly dislike them.
What the hell, user. This is actually a great thing. I hate how most modern vidya (like Skyrim) sports this "do everything and be everything" mentality.
You want to use magic legally? Better work for it and join the Guild.
Don't want to join them? Fine, but get ready to spend monies on soul stones and enchanted gear.

I like Young Scrolls, but nothing beats the golden oldies like Jauffre Jam and Imperial Guard song.

Favorite non-coomer Oblivion mods?
I like Better Cities, all the extra buildings really make the world feel lived in. I also like to increase the size of all the foliage to really enhance that fantasy forest appeal.

>tfw all these old shitty OBGE setting screenshots
I wonder what modern Oblivion shaders are like

Attached: 1655655893407.jpg (1680x1050, 1.34M)

If you really wanted to ignore the Mages Guild for Mage services, Frostcrag Spire has enchanting and spell making too if you spend gold furnishing it.

Better Cities is great, but I dropped it since it tanks performance and causes stability issues.
Same with Unique Landscapes. Great mod, but Oblivion just can't handle such largescale landmass mods without completely shitting the bed.
Ever since I conceded to that fact I've been able to enjoy complete, stable playthroughs again, instead of having to give up on the game because the game is too unstable to continue.

>Favorite non-coomer Oblivion mods?
Probably the UI mod.

Attached: tes4.jpg (1280x800, 182.62K)

Yeah that's a shame, I just started a new setup recently with mostly just some character mods and Better Cities and I'm already having some crashes going through doors.

Attached: 1638917954525.jpg (1680x1050, 667.64K)

>tfw I've been working on a mod for Oblivion that requires me to run through the Elder Scrolls games for resources
>create a character named "Tourist"
>console command some buffs to his speed attribute to get around faster
>use coc to zip anywhere I want and take in the sights

maximum comfy