Boomercore

4 hours in, when does this get good?

Attached: 946814.jpg (220x303, 18.93K)

If the beginning and Ravenholm didn't do it for you, then everything about it will seem a bit bland even if the concepts are cool.

It's good but if Halo CE didn't wow you then neither with HL2.

you suck so it won't. It's alright though, not everybody can appreciate a masterpiece.

>If the beginning
What? The walking sim part?

Its not for you if you weren't immediately drawn in.

It's good from the beginning.
Seems like it's just not your game and that's ok user.

It's called set up and the first HL did it for even longer in 1998 before you ever got a gun and started playing.

When you play it on release in 2004 = you'll never know or understand

Chapter 3 Route Canal. The game has two fucking chapters of walking cutscenes.

Then again worst part of the game is Chapter 4 boat ride, after which unskippable cutscene starts again.

Then at Chapter 5 best portion of the game begins, both Ravenholm and Highway. Nova Prospect and Follow the Freeman are great as well.

But then Freeman gets captured and City 17's tower i thought was kinda shit. Episode 1 actually had some decent shooting segments.

Attached: index.png (583x315, 146.58K)

>Tech demo shit

>and the first HL did it for even longer
And now you know why HL fucking sucks. Call of Duty unironically has a way better single player campaign than any Half-Life game. Half-Life is the most overrated shit. How in the fuck there's so may retards that claim Half-Life 2 is one of the greatest game of all time I cannot fathom. It's just a bad cinematic FPS. Even for its day it was a bad FPS. i wasn't replaying Half-Life 2 over and over again. I was replaying good games like FEAR over and over again. Half-Life 2 is totally gay and if you like it means you are totally gay too so take the dick out of your ass and agree with me that HL is shit.

never

Attached: Half-Life 2 locked door.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Is this the same guy that got kicked off /vr/

alf doesn't write like that, it's probably one of his schizo pals

the physics engine was revolutionary at the time, but because you're a zoomer faggot the entire game is going to seem like nothing special to you

>modern games still can’t physics to be fun
Source is black magic and when source 2 gets more open to the public you’re gonna see some serious shit

>Call of Duty unironically has a way better single player campaign than any Half-Life game.
Bait. Every CoD is literally "walk here until the enemies stop infinite respawning"

>Any Forums likes HL2 now
What happened? This was the one place that kept shitting over this game.

Any Forums is a valve board. Blizzard and Epicfags need to fuck off.

The setting and art style are good but nothing else. It was quite a decline. I think the episodes are much better

>the physics engine was revolutionary at the time
Literally licensed software. There's nothing revolutionary about buying a product off the shelf and, contrary to popular belief amongst the Valvetards, seesaw puzzles aren't actually challenging or fun gameplay. "Half-Life 2 made good use of the physics engine" has to be one of the most bullshit claims about the game out of all the bullshit claims. If you took the physics engine out of Half-Life 2 you cut maybe five minutes worth of unfun gameplay from the game. Half-Life 2 is bad game. Very bad game.

Why did you stopped for Any Forums, user?

The OG

Attached: vtmb.png (266x377, 191.42K)

>ITT : I'm a millenial roleplaying as a zoomer bashing boomers
Kys

I thought millenials were zoomers? Then who are the doomers and foomers?

It’s a schizophrenic that shows up every once in a while to bash on Half Life in deranged frenzy until bump limit or pruned, like usual

I played this as a teenager and it didn't feel that great when I replayed it recently.
The original Deus Ex which I played for the first time last year felt fantastic.
Maybe it's GMod fatigue. I still like HL. The games aren't bad they aren't exceptional.

Attached: hltroll.png (592x575, 396.48K)

No they're after millenials, boomers before.

Just another day on Any Forums then.
Just waiting on the Any Forums bait now.

Great game. Real rough around the edges but still great.

jesus christ kys zoomer

GenX is before millennials but the meme skips to boomers

It's about taking in city 17, and what state humanity is in at that period.

From the very start but if the Half-Life setting and lore doesn't interest you, and with the fact that everything in the game that was impressive for 2004 isn't anymore, it's understandable some people could find it bland.

As one of the first real narratively driven FPS, discovering the continuation of the story and going back to that world was a big deal 6 years after the first game.
I'm glad I played HL in 1998, HL2 in 2004, Alyx at release too and I can't wait to play HL3 in like 2027. I'm glad I didn't miss what made those games so influencial and enjoyable.
*sips from his black mesa mug*

>ITT: millennials pretend to be boomers by accusing an actual boomer of being a zoomer because he doesn't care to CONSUME DESIGNATED GOOD PRODUCT
Half-Life 2 sucks and I would say I'm tired of pretending it doesn't except I always thought it sucked and have always said as much and I'm objectively correct to say it sucks because it does suck.