This game was pretty underrated

This game was pretty underrated

Attached: Metro Exodus.jpg (1280x720, 277.79K)

Perfectly rated. Its not as good as the previous 2.

you're crazy, it was way better

it's the russian version of Jim Knopf

Attached: jimknopp.jpg (1200x929, 432.93K)

yeah, except there's no niggers.

>metro
>you're not in one

>dude what if [game] but le open world!
No thanks, it is overrated if anything.

>Metro
>Its a measure unit

Attached: 1649397411620.png (752x789, 482.52K)

>open world
Don't talk about things you clearly know nothing about.

Feel free to elaborate, as your position is the one challenging the consensus.

the forest level with the society that had formed around the school pupils after the war and had split into two factions was interesting.

Was it? I thought it won an award here or there. I thought it was pretty swag, but really it was Volga which was the best.

Dunno why they opted for a whole ass van for the desert level, surely a motorcycle would be easier? And sensible?

Not him but the fact you can explore most of the game at your own pace rather than have to follow a slow walking NPC for most of the game already puts it ahead

It Was also my favourite metro game. I really liked the more open world aspect this time

This. 2033 was the best one, and it's all downhill from there

>more open world
non-linear != open world, you fucking retard. Is Ocarina of Time "open world?" Is Thief? Is fucking Hitman?

it was goofy as fuck and it was stupid that everyone got pissed at you if you killed them

They didn't harm anyone of your people, there's no reason to kill them when you are a basically a veteran special forces guy at this point.

i didnt kill them tho. I slaughtered the bandits and freed the captives instead. Drank mushrooms tea with a cripple.

they literally attack you on sight

>Not actual open world so no free exploration and quests with uninterrupted gameplay and a consisten economy and sense of urgency of the main quest
>Not linear either, so none of the tight shootouts and setpieces the previous games had
The worst of both world, I was already tired by the desert maps

my game had too many bugs so i trashed it

I don't like that Metro as a whole has no explanation for why the mutants and anomalies exist.

Then don't get spotted?

it's a shooter, not a sneaker

Attached: stealth is optional.gif (500x375, 953.08K)

I think the EGS exclusivity hurt its chances at drawing in many new players to the franchise.

in terms of gameplay, sure.
in terms of story? shit nah

Who said?
It heavily encourages you to use stealth in some sections. Litke literally from the core design, not as afterthought

I liked it a lot, although overall not as much as 2033 + LL. I feel like the older games were consistently good, Exodus has lower lows and higher highs, Novosibirsk was the absolute peak of the series. I don't like open world Metro, the franchise is at its strongest in closed, claustrophobic environments, so they've been real clever in keeping the only non-tutorial linear level of the game for last in Exodus, maybe that's another reason why that level is so loved, because the player has been blueballed for a classic Metro level for the entire game. Caspian was pretty boring, Taiga I didn't care for, Volga was good, Novosibirsk was legendary: you get a glimpse of how Moscow could have been like had it been hit by a cobalt bomb, and when you get into the train depot the level cranks the horror to 11. Some people hate the worms, but I think they really add up to the stress factor: you aren't allowed to make mistakes, for every hit you take brings your mask closer to breaking, and then you're REALLY fucked. The absence of any music in the train depot exacerbates the drama factor: no epic fanfare, no glorious soundtrack, you are alone against the horror of the metro. God what a good fucking level

Attached: heavy think.png (1058x670, 443K)