Really popular for a week

>really popular for a week
>completely forgotten in a month

what the fuck is this phenomenon?
I'm not exhempt from it, I played it and enjoyed it a lot, but I've had zero desire to play it since then. I have no bitter feelings towards it, I just completely lost interest.

Attached: v-rising-1652813348036.jpg (3831x3831, 837.97K)

Never play early access games before they fully release.

It was an interesting title with a decent amount of content for an Early Access game. Unfortunately, it's a mish-mash of conflicting ideas. The PvP simply doesn't work on this scale and PvE gets boring after the first few hours. The wonders of exploration dies quickly as the maps are all handmade so you explore it once or twice and that's it.

It's a real shame as the production values is beyond 99% of EA games.

>pvp focused survishit

Gee, i wonder why it fell off so quick!

It's an early access game, 30% of the map is still missing. Why burn out on the game now?

Attached: V-Rising-Map-Interactive-map-shows-you-all-resources-and.jpg (1236x1190, 232.24K)

>what the fuck is this phenomenon?
It's called a marketing campaign. The only other thing you need to know is right here.

Attached: 100005058.jpg (386x395, 27.76K)

It's mainly due to how connected the internet is. When a game is released, people will burn through it much more quickly due to the abundance of games and due to them having multiple ways to experience the game, for example, watching other people play it. On the other hand, before, you wouldn't get as wide of a selection of games, so you would be more incentivized to stay with one game.
There's also the opinion that modern games have more effort put in in being attention grabbing rather than having substance, which is certainly a case with early access games.

KOTM

KUSOGE OF THE MONTH

>map is too small, there is a severe lack of buildable space if the server has a good population meaning there is little point to upgrading your castle all the way because you wont be able to make it that big anyways
>once you reach dark silver tier the most efficient way to play the game is to not actually play it, sending your servants out on facebook-tier missions to get resources instead of getting them yourself
>this means for maximum resource gathering you have to make NINETEEN identical full sets of gear to kit out both yourself and all your servants
>can't give your castle a second floor, your castle will be a series of connected stone boxes and you will like it
game looked fun but it failed to deliver on basically everything

At this point, don't partake in anything faggot. China is dominating the planet and has its tendrils in everything, even your own country is fucked with chinoid immigrants buying out the few arable land left to ship food to motherland/Chinese seas. Why do you think the US is desperately pandering to troons, gays, and blacks? It's the only thing left to sustain a global hegemony if they can get global sympathy if they can turn your children gay.

>what the fuck is this phenomenon?
fotm streamerbait

Ever heard of such thing as "Flavor of the week/month"? A combination of marketing/guerrilla marketing and short-lived hype from all kinds of söys, resulting in a burst of popularity that dies rather quick as zoomoids with their short as chink's shrimp dick attention span move onto the "NEXT NEW PRODUCT"

>map is too small, there is a severe lack of buildable space if the server has a good population meaning there is little point to upgrading your castle all the way because you wont be able to make it that big anyways
It's supposed to be that way. It enforces PvP and constant warring for best lands. An MMO Archeage did the same thing. If every faggot can easily distance themselves away from one another, nobody would engage in risk and resource dump.

tried to play this. completely lost interest after having to go around gathering 3904239423 resources to build your stupid base while sunlight was killing you

You will NEVER fool this site

Attached: 1608353854371.jpg (746x497, 228.33K)

>If every faggot can easily distance themselves away from one another, nobody would engage in risk and resource dump.
have you never played rust/ark/conan? that's just not a true statement at all, there are plenty of pvp survival games with large maps where its possible to build hidden in some far flung corner of the map away from anyone else, and it sure doesn't stop people from finding your shit and trying to break in. The map in V rising , even taking into account the unreleased zone, is downright miniscule compared to most similar games.

so, elden ring?

Gee faggot its almost like you play games, enjoy them, then move on

You retards need to stop pretending games have to maintain 1m player counts for twelve months to be good

but elden ring was the flavor of 3 months

FOTM games are turning out to be pretty great to be honest. Had fun with Valheim and had fun with V Rising. I'm glad eceleb faggots are hyping these games up and incentivizing their projects by getting normos to dump money on them.

how is a month of playtime is bad?

yea

zoomies have a hard time understanding that playing a game for a while and moving on to something else isn't a bad thing. That's why all the new games coming out are live service "forever games"