After doing another marathon of these games, this is how I feel

After doing another marathon of these games, this is how I feel.

Attached: sonictierlistv3.jpg (584x656, 146.21K)

I cannot possibly fathom putting heros that high

I think it has pretty good level design, aesthetically pleasing and vibrant environments, OST, distinct differences between teams and the level design surrounding each of them so every playthrough feels fresh, rail grinding is faster than its ever been, the flow of the levels allows for uninterrupted speed without it feeling braindead, the combat is simple, but speedy, and large numbers of enemies are few and far between, the new moves they give you are infinitely useful for building speed (Rocket Accel) and gaining extra height (Tornado) so you can perform neat skips, etc. I can say that a lot of the bosses aren't good, but then again, when has a Sonic game ever had consistently good bosses?

>t. my first Sonic game was SA2 on GameCube

Move Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Heroes to Good, then its perfect

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG BEST SONIC GAME!!!!

Where is rivals?

one of the ugliest sonic games in the series. literal baby game

le autistic man blogpost.

Half of Sonic Unleashed belongs in best and the other half is just Meh. You put it way too low. Otherwise this is a pretty tolerable list.

The day stages count for about 20% of Unleashed, with the rest being some of the worst shit imaginable.

>Generations and Heroes higher than 1,2,CD
Thread hidden

>Wii Unleashed higher than Xbox/PS3 Unleashed.
And how do you put Secret Ring in any tier other than 'fuck off and die'? At least Forces was functional. Boring, but functional.

"Unleashed is good if you ignore the night stages, the depthless combat, the tedious medal hunting, the controls, the stage length not even being mitigated by the speed like in other games with longer stages, Chip, the frequency of Sonic's voice clips, the hub world, the side characters just kinda being there to be there, the daytime stages dipping to 10 FPS, the extended sky chase sequences being QTEs in a level format that was already never good, the night stages having extremely boring 30 second waiting periods where you have to press switches/tiptoe/push boxes/etc, enemies never actually feeling like a threat, upgrades being totally stacked against daytime sonic if you don't want the night stages to be comatose and actually making some day stages worse with upgrades, the-"
Secret Rings wasn't abhorrent, just unremarkable.

Heroes is honestly just an incredible experience. That feeling of unrivaled joy when you complete the game is seriously like very few other games I've played, it's like finally walking away a free man after serving years in a hellish, torturous prison. Burning the disc of Sonic Heroes and pissing on the remains is some of the most fun I've ever had with a game, and I strongly recommend it to even non Sonic fans. In my tier list, Heroes would definitely be "best of the best."

>SA1 and Shadow below 06
I'm not even going to say they were amazing but in what world does this even remotely make sense?

This. Heroes is fucking horrible from top to bottom and glitchy as shit. Shadow and 06 are better games than fucking heroes.

SA1: I hate every level that isn't Emerald Coast and Speed Highway as Sonic. I hate the hub world. I hate the different playstyles either being just Sonic again but slightly different or a different thing entirely that falls flat on its face, the cutscenes, etc. Sonic kind of sucks for the OP spin dash and dogshit levels. Tails completely sucks for his gameplay just being based around breaking Sonic levels, I could do that shit with my eyes closed. Knuckles sucks ass for the radar not allowing for exploration, plus the fact that you can just have Tikal point you to the emerald, in subsections of Sonic levels. Amy sucks for her feeling like shit to control and the underdeveloped survival horror in her levels. Big. Gamma feels worse to control than the mechs in SA2 and none of his levels are good.
Shadow: The slipperiness from Heroes is retained, with none of the level design surrounding it that Heroes had. The guns are unsatisfying as hell to use when you manage to get them to hit, but they’re still your only viable method of attack. The homing attack barely works in comparison to the one in its predecessor, as it’s weak as hell, has sent me falling through the floor on numerous occasions, and has no way to make it stronger. The spin dash builds up barely any speed and doesn’t have much use throughout the game. And melee attacks? lol. It all comes together to form the most irritating shit I've had to sit through 326 runs of to 100%.

Attached: all326runs.jpg (639x477, 66.4K)

This list is a result of three separate marathons

Attached: sonic tier.png (1051x710, 1M)

That's all fine and dandy but the only evidence here I see of either game being worse than FUCKING 06 is that you were a mad enough lad to arbitrarily 100% Shadow, to which I ask - why?

>Riders in B
B for FUCKING BASED

Heroes also doesn’t have levels where they’re too long or short, I feel like they’re the right length assuming you know the layout of each one.

>Sonic CD not top tier
>SA2 not in great
Come on.

Partly for the bragging rights, partly out of spite just to put the whole thing to rest, and partly because I wanted to truly get a feel for the game to see if I found it as bad as I thought it was when I first completed the last story.

I can kind of respect that, but I highly doubt the devs even spent 1/100th of the time naming all those endings as you must have spent grinding each and every one out.