Does anyone wish they could experience 6th gen again during the period where it was relevant...

Does anyone wish they could experience 6th gen again during the period where it was relevant? Wish I could go back to the 2000s and play need for speed most wanted for the first time again. Now I'm 19 in college. Fuck, I miss gaming in the 2000s.

Attached: 95a.gif (400x226, 1.64M)

Not really, no. Been there done that.

Just replay the games.

Oh why? So we could play same shitty boring brown and grey games but harder? What the fuck was so special about the 6th generation.

The best generation was the 5th gen. Because they had imaginative games like good Crash 2 and Tekken and not a bunch of poop and cum FPS Sandbox gaymes.

Fuck your Nostalgia. It was just as shit back then as it is now.

Attached: 1656240628415.jpg (920x533, 35.3K)

I hate newfags so much it's unreal.

yeah life has passed you by, may as well call it a day now

>mfw twice as old as you
I can't even blame you, when I was your age and it actually was the early 2000s I was hitching about how games used to be better in the 90s, playing my N64 in my dorm room.
It's the circle of life.

Attached: 1647497147725.jpg (420x462, 62.51K)

The N64 was shit no joke about it. I was always more of a famicom dude though.

I think it has a good library, but really it was a party machine, basically a pre-fab LAN party for four players. No amount of arguing can take away how many amazing local co-op parties I was blesses to attend.

>What the fuck was so special about the 6th generation
well, for starters, if a game wasn't good on launch it was stuck that way forever so there's nobody making excuses that patches will come, and because internet in games was available but not as widely used, we weren't getting nickel and dimed by microtransactions either. Horse armor was merely a twinkle in Bethesda's eye.

Attached: 1338015912238.jpg (300x400, 12.54K)

Thus you get a complete piece of shit rather than half a piece of shit.

No, I bought my game used, I go return it within 7 days with a reciept and buy a different game, then warn others to steer clear of the game via word of mouth, so that they buy better games that are out instead.

If you did that kind of shit today on a forum you'd have several people deepthroating the publisher's cock down to the base to make excuses for how the game will be good "in the future after some patches", or so used to this shit quality because literally no AAA game releases in a finished state anymore that they'll make excuses even if no patches are coming anyway. Back then we were playing industry defining games, we had options. These days everything is either derivative of something or broken and jam packed to the brim with microtransactions, which they will always be quicker to add than fixes for what's there.

Attached: 1607031217413.png (832x1000, 591.07K)

as a zoomzoom i sometimes wish i was born earlier so i couldve experienced the 2000s as a teenager or young adult. a lot of my favorite stuff is from that time period anyway, even without having touched it as a kid (for example i didnt play mgs2 until this year but it instantly became a favorite of mine). but i wonder if id feel the same if i actually were born earlier, or if its just some weird bias of mine
im not underage dont kill me

Attached: konatatired.png (250x250, 97.09K)

19? Bro you were like 2 years old. You didn't experience early 2000s at all. You were too young

>t.34 years old

since this is the designated boomer thread, i have a request. does anybody have that old greentext or story about the guy becoming a masked vigilante/sentai guy on his college campus? it was in the 2011-2013/14 range i'm pretty sure. been thinking about it for a while now and i cannot for the life of me find it. wish i saved it years ago.

Attached: 1653400313549.jpg (480x480, 22.03K)

>replay Blood
>have a weird feeling of being cathartically pleased not to have DLC/Battlepasses/Adverts on main menu
oh fuck where did it all go wrong for this industry

>19
Your generation didn't start playing games until 2013-2014, stop lying you probably just watched your brother play games and played them vicariously at best.
But I do agree, when the dreamcast was new and actually had people to play with it had an extremely comfy online play that nothing came remotely close to. Now only shit you can find is people playing PSO.
PS2 was a shovelware shitbox but it was always fun to play some of those shit games with buddies for shits and giggles. GC had no games and Xbox was the xbox was easier to mod than the dreamcast and having custom backgrounds that you could show off was a good time.

Attached: 38E88C8F-D766-4629-976E-C905D1A01F52.jpg (372x399, 37.82K)

>Your generation didnt start playing games until 2013-2014
that would hypothetically make op 10 or 11 when he started playing video games, but ive been doing so since i was like 4 years old
is that abnormal? my dad plays video games so that could explain it if so

It's like those people wanting to go back to the 1950s when they weren't even born yet and everything was shitty but they see only the best stuff about it in the media and think it was some magical time.

No. 6th gen was when endless tutorials and cutscenes became common-place.
All thanks to PS2 being a DVD player for normies, and giving devs shit-loads of space for unnecessary audio and video.

I wish I could experience a lot of things again, and there's a lot of things I wish I had never experienced.

Attached: imaginarium.jpg (1280x953, 624.13K)