Did Any Forums defend this piece of shit back then?

Did Any Forums defend this piece of shit back then?

Attached: H2x1_generic_WiiU_image1280w.jpg (1280x640, 64.63K)

No but weirdos pretend like it was some misunderstood masterpiece now
But it also isn't the worst console ever made either
t. WiiU owner

it is honestly a really good console with bad games

Attached: ded.png (678x585, 15.77K)

This console is the reason I don't own a Switch. I played almost everything worthwhile on the Switch on it years ago.

it had the best exclusive library of the 8th gen bar none
source: the fact that half of Switch's library are just wii u ports but successful

I would say it's the opposite, it's got a solid library but I hate the stupid gamepad

I used to defend it but my game pad got fucked up and I couldn’t even access basic shit like settings to change my Wi-Fi because “LMAO GAMEPAD INTEGRATION!”

Switch is good but Wiiu can stay dead

Nintendo was desperate. Had we not defended the Wii U, nintendo would have gone all mobile. It's a relief that their mobile division crashed and burned and completely failed, even with Pokemon Go salvaging it. The Switch owes its existence to the Wii U

Attached: miyamototraitor.png (660x1170, 1M)

>Year 2022
>WiiU still is the only system of its gen with games

The Switch owes a lot of it's early success to the WiiU for sure, but I think we can all drop the "it's nothing but WiiU ports" meme at this point

Never defended it but my friend got one and we played Nintendoland with like 7 other friends and it was one of the most fun party games we played. None of us wanted to fuck the monitor chick though.

Interesting idea for hardware, that doesn't work in practice. Dual screens worked for the DS, because looking between them didn't disorient the player. On the Wii U it required moving your whole fucking head to check something simple like your inventory.

Imagine playing a shooter then randomly bending over to look at your shoe laces. That's what it felt like to use both screens.

The only game this worked for was ZombiU because it was legit disorienting and it helped build tension in horror games.

Also, it had a mediocre library. I remember holding out hope each E3 that they would release something exciting like maybe a new Animal Crossing game. And all we got was a bunch of half baked shit and stuff like Toads Treasure Tracker, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, and StarFox Zero
t. Wii U owner

Attached: 1649731429384.gif (160x220, 308K)

The one good thing about it is that it plays every zelda game.

Yes
Toddlers got laughed off of Any Forums every time they made threads shilling it it was hilarious

Link Between Worlds

I defended that the concept could've been interesting for local multiplayer if developers gave a shit to utilize it properly. Barely any games utilized its potential because that would mean their game would be tied down to an utter fucking marketing failure.

Also called it that people would be glorifying it once we were in the next gen but of course I was called the dumbass for thinking that at the time because "hur durr nobody can ever like the pii-u xD". Fuck you.

My brother bought one recently and it's really cool, I'm playing through FF5 and Devil's Third and it's great

It didn't work for every type of game, but you could make it work with some games. Nintendo Land worked pretty well for example, so I'm inclined to believe they could've made an amazing Mario Party for it. Or if they actually had made two controllers possible some two player game where the two have to keep info a secret from one another.

Unfortunately Nintendo had that weird idea of not making any games for it. Even the GameCube was well supported in comparison.
>Only Zelda is also available for Switch
>No 3D Mario
>No Pokemon aside from Pokken
>No Metroid
>Star Fox Zero
I probably never understand what the fuck they wanted to do with the Wii U.

I'll defend it now. Xenoblade X got 200 hours out of me on it. The tablet thing is actually super comfortable to hold and use, and in a way it's like having a DS with the TV being the top screen.
Wii U failed in marketing, to both differentiate itself from the household Wii, and it overcommit on the "portability" of the tablet. I used the Wii U tablet in offscreen mode to play in a different room and it's basically just neat that's it. Normies didn't get it, and every Xbro or Snoy friend in HS that came over was baffled I couldn't take the Wii U downstairs or away and it'd still work.

Attached: 1pup.jpg (528x527, 22.18K)

Why do people sell their consoles how poor are you?

It was a great console, user.

I disagree, having the map on the pad is actually great and it frees space on the screen
I think the thing that hurt the wii u the most is that xbone and ps4 were around the corner and it was seen as weak

The gamepad/dual screen games didn't work particularly well for single player games. Because it's mostly disorienting.

Multiplayer stuff worked better because the gamepad screen was just another standalone display for one player while the other player(s) would look at the tv.

Attached: 1653254075720.webm (640x640, 1.02M)

I legit hated using the gamepad for anything other than multiplayer. Playing Wind waker with the Gamepad map and menu sucked ass.

yeah we loved it we used to do Smash 4 and Mario Kart tourneys every weekend we wish Nintendo would make a console half as good as the Wii U it sucks that you missed out on it lil zoomie

Defend? This nigger board went insane over it, Lost World was the best 3D Sonic (until it went multiplat), 3D Mario had sucked all along until 3D World happened, that one Ubisoft shovelware wasn't shovelware at all and actually was a survival horror revolution (until it went multiplat), fucking Devil's Turd was great and Ninja Gaiden 3 got fixed and was a good game (until it went multiplat). Even Nintendoland had shill posts, it was non-stop lunacy.

i defend my cemu with botw

It had both MH3U & MH4U so it's automatically one of the best consoles of all time.
It also had some other games that were pretty good

Attached: modern memes.png (720x656, 272.17K)