Actual BOTW 2 info

Can't tell you where I got this information; no I don't know anything about release dates, further presentations, the narrative, etc. (NCL keeps this information very tight) I have just heard vague development rumors.

> Game was originally announced with no release date in the event of internal delays, but was scheduled for release in 2020
> Was selected to be presented at the E3 2019 Direct to capitalize on BOTW 1's sales success and intrigue newcomers about future installments
> Game production was shuttered for nearly six months (up to nine, source wasn't sure) due to lack of work-from-home infrastructure; in this time the team recognized their ideas would fail to live up to the expectations set by its predecessor. Development up to then was scrapped.
> Game is struggling to run adequately on Switch hardware, but they have already promised a Switch release and as such must attempt to reach "at least 600p30fps"
> Fujibayashi considering retirement and appointing successor, continuously falls behind on deadlines, even moreso than Aonuma on prior games
> NCL not pleased with development pace

Attached: Fdhdw6.jpg (1920x1080, 315.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JfGZHW9K2cI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> Game is struggling to run adequately on Switch hardware, but they have already promised a Switch release and as such must attempt to reach "at least 600p30fps"
This one feels like bullshit
Not only does the game not even look significantly more advanced graphically than OG BotW, but that game was already running based not on the Switch's limits, but the Wii U's, which was an even weaker system.

>Significantly more advanced graphically
How? They look indistinguishable

I'd believe it. That explains a lot about this game's shadowy existence.

Let's put two fairly similar games in comparison here. BOTW came out 9 months before Xenoblade 2. In the following 5 years:

Monolith has put out a DLC expansion, including a smaller standalone game. They've remastered Xenoblade 1, and are now flaunting Xenoblade 3 as often as possible. Even advancing the release date for kicks.

BOTW got a little DLC. Since then, radio silence. The sequel was announced 3 years ago and all we have to show for it is 10 seconds of gameplay. A much larger team is working on it too, and we know it's reusing areas from the first game. By all logic it doesn't make sense to be taking this long.

Fake and gay

read his fucking post properly before trying to correct him you idiot

also op is believable however i'm just going to run with it being fake

Does it have more Bokoblins and Moblins in skull caverns and treehouses? The first game didn't have enough those.

That's my point asshole
The games look exactly the same, so I find it hard to believe that one runs fine, and one somehow struggles to reach fucking 600p

>By all logic it doesn't make sense to be taking this long.

it does if they are adding a bunch of new gameplay mechanics, and new areas (sky islands). are you guys retarded?

So are they shelving Hylia or not?

No the Direct is on Wednesday and the game will be revealed

There’s no valid reason for Botw2 to be taking THIS long with nothing to show so I’d believe it.

BOTW (2017) --> BOTW 2 (2023)
OoT (1998) -> MM (2000) -> WW (2002)

Sad!

Yeah op is full of shit. Aonuma and Bill Trinen said the game was progressing smoothly

We literally dont know how much content the final version gonna have dipshit. Just because you saw a trailer about sky islands doesnt mean its the only new content added.

a two year pandemic is their "excuse"

Botw has bigger size and more content than those older games combined. So whats your point again? If a new game would come out every 2 years with smaller content and less innovation then you would start crying about some call of duty every year meme.

botw is also shit and those games arent

>development shuttered for 6 months because of work-from-home infrastructure
Goddamn nips are stuck in the 1990s. We adapted every segment of our pipeline for WFH within 12 hours.

Im sorry dude that you will never be 9 again playing your gamecube in summer vacation while feeling the love of your parents. You have to move on. Botw is a great game and you would have sucked its dick as a child.

Honestly I wish that trailer was never released.

Source: It came to me in a dream.

im more intersted in the new genshin leaks

Attached: 1656122878972.jpg (694x536, 65.25K)

> Goddamn nips are stuck in the 1990s
I mean, they still use fax so… yeah.

Tower of Fantasy gonna be better bro
youtu.be/JfGZHW9K2cI

Attached: 3952703-keyart.jpg (2208x1242, 2.52M)