It's not fun

It's not fun.
All you do is put your guys in formation and hope they're stronger than the other guys

Attached: file.png (460x215, 240.51K)

Yeah it's wild how they don't let you control your units in battle RTS style, would have really improved the game imo.

Part of the fun is balancing the unit types to find a good composition. Playing an expedition campaign right now and most of my army is huntsmen and riflemen being boosted by the elf and dwarf hunter. The name of the game is to shoot everything down before they reach my small frontline.

For me the settlements are so dogshit the campaign map becomes ass, battles would be tolerable if archers weren't busted

>Legend of Total War here, today we have a saving your disaster battle playing as the High Elves where user has recruited melee infantry. Now you can recruit whatever units you want it's up to you, but you're a fucking retard if you recruit anything other than archers. Not that it matters anyway, because I'm going to hide the entire army in a 50 square feet patch of trees while the spellcaster goes out and solos the entire battle.

kek

lmao, fuck
that's 1:1 every single one of his videos

The skaven weapons team are my favorite ones

if you recruit ratling guns you wont need to hope

Attached: cute_skaven_2.jpg (3024x2716, 1.19M)

>it's another "Malus Darkblade solos your entire tier 3 garrison" episode
>it's another "Tyrion spawns with 16 units and a phoenix literally every 4 turns" episode
>it's another "Vlad von Carstein hit level 40 and is now literally invincible outside of autoresolve" episode
>it's another "non mounted infantry lord picked up the sword of kain and is now undefeatable without abusing the AI" episode

Seriously, is there any actual counter towards an infantry-sized lord with buffed stats?

Aiming all of your guns at them usually gets the job done;.

All of your problems are solved by recruiting more archers.

Army losses. Unless they're unbreakable, in which case you just have to hope you have enough ammo.

Is there really no other option?

Attached: jiggle billy.jpg (900x702, 38.1K)

Just assassinate them on the campaign map.

If you wanna get creative, there are probably some spells that do great single target damage.

Otherwise, your best bet would be to take 2-3 sqauds, get their buff lord away from his units, and surround them. Flanking does good leadership damage.

High difficulty settings screw over player controlled melee units

Even if they have 90% ward save and each of your shots are only doing 1 damage, a typical ranged unit can still potentially dish out at least 2-3k damage before running out of ammo. Your melee units will struggle to hit triple digits before dying.

Bring a bigger infantry sized unit with buffed stats and gear.

ratling guns merely provide a scenic auto-resolve function

I can't fucking wait for IE, I'm not playing on that dogshit Chaos meme map again

Mass fire at a single lord is pretty much a viable strategy, if it were to somehow be considered "cheese" and taken out of the game then those scenarios you described would have no counter. Also Grimgor would laugh really hard.

>malekith campaign
>put chaos invasion on legendary
>forget they spawn in Naggaroth midgame
>all armies are in Ulthuan

Attached: c690eec1d451cac52fa74ef0c795384c63e0b81d_hq.gif (500x362, 469.09K)