Fallout 4 plot

This entire story didn't make any sense, but these idiots especially.

If their goal is slave labor, why do they even bother with super realistic synths. Why don't they just stick with the mindless drones that are the earlier robot versions? Why are they killing and replacing people on the surface? If your end goal is to roll out of from your super advanced underground lair with a bunch of armed synths and enslave the commonwealth, then who cares what random wastelands think of the institute? If your goal is to save the commonwealth, then why are you killing and replacing people instead of using your vast resources to save people?

If you actually sit down and think about the institute as a faction, the entire story starts to fall apart. Literally nothing they do makes any sense at all. How come nobody at Bethesda raided their hand and said "uh, maybe our main antagonists need to have clear and defined goals that have a purpose and can be justified?" it's like Todd or some other higher up told his employees "hey I wanna do a heckin story about an analogy to slavery and you're gonna implement it", and the team started from that point and shaped the entire game around it, even when it makes no sense at all.

It doesn't just stop at the factions either. There's not a single thing in this game that makes sense. Why is the main city of the commonwealth in diamond city? It's literally surrounded on all sides by constantly fighting raiders, super mutants, ghouls, and gunners. How is Nora, a prewar lawyer, able to come out of the vault knowing how to shoot guns and operate power armor? Why are there any ruins at all/why are people still living in shacks? It's been over 200 years since the bombs fell.

I could go on for days. Not a single part of this game makes any sense.

Attached: 1656303095721.jpg (1242x2208, 224.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1499953711782629379
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You just wouldn't understand.

>mfw Father tells me "nah bro get the fuck outta my face you're just too stupid to understand my goals"

Bitch you just told me you're dying of cancer and you're making me the leader of your stupid organization. You're not gonna tell me how shit works around here? Wtf this is the worst handover of power I've ever seen.

Attached: 1656303507008.jpg (550x422, 34.68K)

>If their goal is slave labor
Their goal is preservation of knowledge, the institute wants to replace all its staff with synths because they lose critical skills and research every time one of their members die, this will also have a secondary benefit of allowing them to conduct field studies in person again.

They are replacing people on the surface to bugtest before doing it to themselves because if this goes bad they lose everything

The reason why nothing makes sense is because there's literally no narrative designer. Infact fallout 4 is diametrically opposite to new Vegas because NV made every location accurately and logically connected to each other.
In fallout 4 Todd just gave the programmers free reign to throw everything everywhere with no regards to the larger story or setting. It's why you'll see a village of starving peasants surviving off 200 year old cans of beans and down the street not even 40 feet away will be a super mutant camp with endless piles of meat. If you walk around diamond city the entire area is a warzone of Raiders and super mutants every step and the city is just totally relaxed all the time somehow.

It's fucking retarded and I have no idea how Todd plans to make a galaxy next

>If their goal is slave labor, why do they even bother with super realistic synths. Why don't they just stick with the mindless drones that are the earlier robot versions?
Because pre-war robots have been shown to be horribly incompetent and unable to deal with any changes in thier job. The humanoid form also allows for far more tasks then pre-war robots had.

> Why are they killing and replacing people on the surface?
Various reasons. They replaced the mayor of diamond City so they could control the city. Most other synth replacements are spies and agents that disrupt the people of the surface so they can't untie against the Institute.

>f your end goal is to roll out of from your super advanced underground lair with a bunch of armed synths and enslave the commonwealth, then who cares what random wastelands think of the institute? If your goal is to save the commonwealth, then why are you killing and replacing people instead of using your vast resources to save people?
Their goal is neither. The Institute point blank states they don't really care about the surface and consider it a lost cause. They just don't want the surfacers to attack them.

>If you actually sit down and think about the institute as a faction, the entire story starts to fall apart. Literally nothing they do makes any sense at all. How come nobody at Bethesda raided their hand and said "uh, maybe our main antagonists need to have clear and defined goals that have a purpose and can be justified?" it's like Todd or some other higher up told his employees "hey I wanna do a heckin story about an analogy to slavery and you're gonna implement it", and the team started from that point and shaped the entire game around it, even when it makes no sense at all.
the Institute does have clear and defined goal. They are a bunch of scientists who want to create a perfect machine to do all the work for humans so humans can have all the time to do whatever they want.

(cont)

The Institute is doing it all for the lulz

>It doesn't just stop at the factions either. There's not a single thing in this game that makes sense. Why is the main city of the commonwealth in diamond city? It's literally surrounded on all sides by constantly fighting raiders, super mutants, ghouls, and gunners. How is Nora, a prewar lawyer, able to come out of the vault knowing how to shoot guns and operate power armor? Why are there any ruins at all/why are people still living in shacks? It's been over 200 years since the bombs fell.
If you knew anything about disaster evacuation protocols you would know that sports stadiums are designated evacuation points due to their ability to handle large numbers of people.

ruins exist 200 years after the war for the same reason they did in Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 3, and New Vegas. when 99% of people are dead, theres not a lot of people to tear them down.

Power armor didn't require training in Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, or 4. PA training was a gameplay mechanic made up for Fallout 3 to prevent players from being able to get it too early, but even in-game notes state PA is so easy to use even a child can do it without any real effort.

Also, pre-war america was a giant gun crazy nation. Pretty much everyone knew how to use a gun. Also Nate could have shown her when he came back from the war.

Why is it that people always ask really stupid questions that are directly answered in-game or based on real life shit? Are people really that unable to understand things unless its force fed into them?

this makes a lot more sense than
this

They literally copy pasted the fallout 3 dad quest and just made him evil. Except not really if youre on his side lmao! Can't have anyone feel like the bad guy now.

> Headcanon bullshit
It's worse than that, NV Devs got shit from Bethesda proper for making an 'evil ending' with dead moneys secret ending.

This is 100% bullshit.

The point of synths is to serve as a salve labor force that has AI far better then pre-war robots, and doesn't need as much oversight, and whose truly human form gives them far more capabilities then pre-war robots.

>It's worse than that, NV Devs got shit from Bethesda proper for making an 'evil ending' with dead moneys secret ending.
No such thing happened

>Infact fallout 4 is diametrically opposite to new Vegas because NV made every location accurately and logically connected to each other.
You obsidrones are the most insufferable fuckers in existence. Chris Avellone could piss down your shower, and you'd call it mana from heaven. New vegas is the most overrated RPG in existence.

Name a better one you seething tard

I always thought that the fallout 3 dad was already evil. Literally gives you life so you can be an obedient servant at his vanity project compound and when shit goes down you are always an afterthought.

He literally left his project behind to raise his child for 18 years because he considered his child more important, and only left after his child had become an adult and no longer needed him. Literally the exact opposite of what you describe.

user, you shouldn't be so sure of yourself when you're spouting bullshit.
twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1499953711782629379

If you look at the scenarios logically he's an egomaniac at best that was willing to destroy the entire project just so he can have his name on it.
Yeah only to then put his child, entire team and let the entire wasteland continue to die. All because he didn't want the enclave to help him with his fucking project and distribute the water.

He kept dreaming about his project every single day while he was in the vault. He only bothered to raise you because of his Judeo-Chirstian morality. the second you grew up in his eyes -- he bolts out of the vault and leaves you to the wolves. I find it hard to believe that living and conversing with Almodovar for 18 years might have given James the insight that the man is unstable and is willing to kill to bolden his authority. Only someone absolutely disinterested in your fate would leave you in that den.

What a bunch of crybaby faggots. My hatred for bitchthesda grows every day my God.

>Yeah only to then put his child, entire team and let the entire wasteland continue to die. All because he didn't want the enclave to help him with his fucking project and distribute the water.
Yes, he didn't want the ultra-nationalist Enclave, who has attempted more then one mass genocide, and clearly has nothing good planned for the purifier to become able to use it to control the wasteland.... what a horrible person not letting tyrants get power.

>Only someone absolutely disinterested in your fate would leave you in that den.
Well no, someone who knows you would be in the safest place in the wasteland would leave you there. He had no reason to believe the Overseer would go full nutcase.

Fo4