Game mechanic is too intelligent for its playerbase

>game mechanic is too intelligent for its playerbase

Attached: file.png (996x659, 452.94K)

I think hydro is fine as an idea, but the map itself is really fucking confusing

It's one of my favorite maps, probably my favorite of the original six, but I can see that engineers would get tired of rebuilding everything every 2 minutes.

symmetrical gameplay doesn't go well with tf2; turtling becomes a plague and turns every round into a guaranteed draw

Valve should remake Hydro into a Battle Royale map to get the 12 year olds back into the game lol

For me it wasn't that the map was confusing, it's that the vast majority of the time matches went either one of two ways. Either a complete stalemate or one time wiped the floor and would capture the point in less than a minute. It's easily the most imbalanced map of the OG 6.

Attached: xtNStJpbM734yeMC7nXOKoIF7SfaHmdxSSxcCi5Cdw4.jpg (4328x3219, 1.49M)

Steel is one of my favorite maps in TF2, never really understood the hate, it's not hard to figure out after a match or two.

Because the spawnrooms are rigged in favor of the attackers so every game either ends with total lockout or a full sweep.
Steel NEVER ends with the attackers being stopped at B,C,D.

Uh... Muriatic... Acid... NO wait! You didn't put it in yet did you?

Attached: jW9jD.jpg (1920x1080, 208.66K)

>tf2tards STILL don't know how to play steel

LOL fuck this map. actually awful.

Doesn't snipers fuck everybody on this map or something?

Any tf2 player with half a brain switched to Overwatch (then to Valorant)

Hydro is explicitly not symmetrical.

the sectioning off of hydro makes it suck hard.

Okay but is it Hydro City or Hydrocity?

Metrocity

((then back to tf2))

Cap times of hydro make it suck so hard, if oppoing team desn't send to guys to stand on the point right from the start I'd always win it with scout in 2 minutes tops

yeah, it doesn't help that each round in a scoreboard + extra setup time for no reason,
hydro is really just 5cp but with a lot of extra steps .

this shit was awesome