The only thing that the CD-i ever achieved was funny YTP source material

That is it. This thing was built to be a PlayStation killer. The games are horrific and uncanny. There isn't a single good game on this console.

Attached: Phillips CD-i.jpg (4740x3060, 3.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f_SwDWKf-78
youtube.com/watch?v=bF1MYsAT8NI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice VCR, boomer.

I was born after 9/11.

still better than the n64, switch, xbone, series x and ps5.

Umm.. no? If you'd actually choose a CD-I over any of those consoles you must suffer from some mental illness

The CD-i and 3DO both look like appliances, they're gross

The CDI was never a PlayStation killer, it was meant to be a home multimedia device that just so happened to play games. That's why the pack-in controllers are remotes and the actual game controllers are really shitty with only 2 inputs (button 1, button 2, and a third button that acts as button 1+2 simultaneously). Most of the software is just basic point and clicks alongside FMV games, with actual "games" being like 1/5 of the library.

Shut the fuck up, there wasn't a single actually great game on this damn console. Even the 32x beats it.

Not so fast. The Tetris CDi music is great.
youtu.be/f_SwDWKf-78

cdi bros how do we respond

>There isn't a single good game on this con-
youtube.com/watch?v=bF1MYsAT8NI

Funny how that worked out in the catalog.

Attached: Untitled.png (398x715, 140.19K)

Not as iconic as the classic "gay Luigi".

>they don't know about The Apprentice
It's the lewdest game of its generation. I can't even post the credits screen on a blue board.

Attached: ApprenticeCDi_Nudality3_1.png (384x280, 45.58K)

How would I go about playing CD-i games on Windows 10? What emulators would I need and would I need to use a VM?

So besides the furrybait, is this game actually good

Do it pussy, or at least link an imgur

CD-i was released around 1990-1991 before PS1 was even a concept. It would've actually been pretty novel at the time it came out but that became really short lived as everything else quickly caught up and it lacked userbase/support from the high entry point (around $1,000). It was intended as a multimedia device similar to having a more "user friendly" PC hooked up to your TV more so than a gaming system. Basically the watercooler of its time.

>This thing was built to be a PlayStation killer.
How? It was released long before PlayStation. It want even a console, just a glorified multimedia device that played some games, nothing more.

ITT: post kino like the town with no name

The SAME CDi core in RetroArch is the easiest way. You'll need a BIOS file, cdimono1.zip.

Nice, I'll give it a go. I always wanted to complete a retarded game like Hotel Mario.

The only game of interest to come out on the platform had an MS-DOS port which I happen to own.

Attached: Burn_Cycle_cover.png (300x266, 179.24K)