What went right?

Attached: Guilty-Gear-Strive-Open-Beta_20210213093954-3632666963.jpg (1920x1080, 196.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/playasia/status/1541266525918593024
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>low skill floor
>high ceiling
>not a ton of useless mechanics like Xrd
>no more endless corner pressure
>rollback

amazing netcode
mazing graphics
amazing music
is as fun to watch as to play
the more grounded aproach worked pretty well
at first i didn liked the wall mechanic but it actually worked pretty well too.
best implementation of roman cancel in the series.

It killed GG, all this shit pandering to casuals was embarrassing. Good riddance.

>>no more endless corner pressure

Attached: 1650944982304.jpg (1023x1024, 208.4K)

It's a pretty game dropped when developer support for every other game is basically stopped. It's alright, but it has too few interactions per round for my taste.

is not endless, too high damage, you die after a corner mixup or the wall break

>3k players with all time peak at 35k
Not much. Daisuke leaving and visuals looking crappy compared to Xrd/rev.

>Daisuke leaving
???

The simplification received a huge backlash from +R and xrd fags.
But in return they got a lot more new players (and SFV was near the end).
Now that they have enough players they are making the game more complicated again (introducing dash cancel and more gatling options).
Seem like the right approach to me.

hard games are more satisfying to play.

Yes, with Strive Daisuke is leaving GG's control to others.

the roar of the spark

It's still hard if you match with top players though?

yomi is always gonna be hard but the execution won't be in ggst

>Strive is the most successful GG to have ever exist
I’d say it’s done a lot of things right in the eyes of casuals. However when it comes to hardcore players, Strive has missed the mark on several aspects. But then again, actual fighting game players don’t matter. And Daisuke’s bank account reflects this.

Attached: 4356547567545.png (531x740, 1.1M)

I agree the execution is much easier than +R but it's still fun, albeit not as satisfying as +R.
They are bringing back more mechanics though so let's see.

Isn't simplification a popular trend among fight games nowadays?
SFVI even remove special inputs right?

My first experience with Guilty Gear was with Strive and I loved it so much I went back and played hours upon hours of +R. Now I play Strive and +R and I'll do the same with Xrd once someone figures out how to get rollback working there.

Attached: 1655739313835.gif (362x270, 2.14M)

Glad you enjoy both user.
I like both +R and ST. There's no reason to hate either.

Nothing. It's shit.

It's just giving an alternate control scheme with simpler inputs, not removing them entirely, and that's nothing new for the genre. Xrd did it too.

>Ram
>Leo
>Nago
this game fucking sucks from a spectator's perspective and entire year of absolutely no character variety and their big patch did absolutely nothing

Ram's belly

Attached: __ramlethal_valentine_guilty_gear_and_1_more_drawn_by_letro__c3b322d5b165c2cf5deea9c0668d0169.jpg (2480x3013, 1M)

I'm surprised I had such a positive experience cause I played Strive Faust at launch and he was pretty garbage then lol. I never gave up on him cause he was so fun to play and I liked the cool zombie look. Lemme tell ya, Faust is real scary with half meter because he can teleport in front of you and give you a free haircut.

I like +R the most cause it's simple and quick to boot up but Strive is still fun cause it's less stressful and looks great. I plan on learning Jack-O in Strive and Millia in +R.

Attached: 1651991814984.gif (444x444, 60.79K)

Incase anyone is interested Play Asia is selling DNF duel for cheaper
twitter.com/playasia/status/1541266525918593024