Would C&C be a good introduction in the RTS genre?

Would C&C be a good introduction in the RTS genre?

Attached: Command-Conquer-Remastered-Collection-Review-01-Header-1002302406.jpg (2060x1159, 303.22K)

I'd say the first Starcraft or Age of Empires 2 would do a better job at that -- and then jump to kino C&C. But, that's also a viable path. Either way, have fun diving into the kino genre m8

Attached: Warcraft 2.gif (200x96, 20.18K)

dead genre

and play mental omega

you're a dead genre

Going from StarCraft to C&C would highlight what's wrong with c&c

dawn of war 1 or company of heroes if youre completely new as they have easier mechanics such as squads instead of 1 guy to control, no mining autism, etc. if you already know the basics of rts, then just play whatever you want.

>C&C 1-3 are freeware freely downloadable
>torrent the 4th game in the series
>>

and between dawn of war and company of heroes, which one would be the best for a newcomer?

rts filters zoomers

It would highlight how much better C&C is you mean

it's a prototype for Starcraft, the best RTS ever made

dawn of war 1 has a great campaign, so id recommend that. it has space marines which are tanky and allow you to make a decent amount of mistakes without punishing you too much.

Bad advice. AoE2 and Starcraft are better, more advanced games that built off of the ideas that C&C had. They are more technically complex games that have also aged better.

Nah, Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

The orca was neat

Attached: 2063415-orca_fighter_2.jpg (480x320, 22.17K)

C&C is a game that introduced many people to RTS so go for it
Also you get a sickass frank klepacki soundtrack for free on top of it, even though I think SC is the best RTS ever made the music in C&C and RA is still top tier

halo wars

First CNC game is a perfect introduction to the RTS genre, if you play something like starcraft you will be spoiled in a way that will get you stuck inside blizzard's RTS economy.

I miss RTS Any Forumsros ;_;

Exactly, that's the goal of my suggestion. First plant the seed with RTSs that aged better, then when the love is there he's gonna appreciate the ones that aged worse for what they are

why tf doesnt starship troopers doesnt allow you to play as the bugs goddamnit

CnC is so different from those two, he should literally just play CnC.

Yes, play the Remaster or just download Red Alert 2.

Also, Cnc3 is pretty sweet too.