Why not revive this franchise? Now is the perfect time

>Microsoft has no real games projected for the remainder of the year that aren't indie or or free to play bullshit
>Microsoft has no good exclusives
>Microsoft has had this franchise on the backburner since 2007 and can release a third as an exclusive
>Microsoft can also rerelease the first two at 1080p 60fps and a multiplayer that doesn't lag behind
What are they waiting for?

Attached: download (4).jpg (189x267, 12.42K)

they're sitting on crimson skies and jet set radio
there's a lot they could do

JSR is sega

There's a lot of problems around the already non-canonical plot. Wolves are 'evil' now, and WoB was been completely defeated pretty soon after the third game. Where else would the plot go? Also there's conflicting reports on how well MW5 did. MechWarrior/Battletech likely will never be as big as it was when the Dark Age stuff was coming out too.

At least MS let us have Battletech the game and MW5 pretty recently.

I'm convinced that Game Pass, PC ports, and the new Windows store are the metaphorical sand being thrown in the eyes of the masses at this point. Xbox 360 used to have the Arcade branding which would bring arcadey, comfy, and cheap games to the store, and occasionally ports of old PC games, they used to have an Indie store, you used to be able to buy music and download the movies you could buy off of the microsoft store instead of just stream them, and they recently shuttered the backwards compatibility program. New Xbox is in no way better than it was 12 years ago.

Xbox needs to bring back couch coop games.
It's a shame that even the new halo doesn't have support for coop yet. WTF.

Attached: apestogetherstrong.jpg (352x500, 38.99K)

Just continue the story from the cliffhanger in the second game. If Metroid Dread can start from where Fusion left off 16 years ago, then so can MechAssault .

>couch coop games
no money to be made in it

>Couch coop
I understand for family and stuff like that, but social media has ruined the way friendships work since then for a lot of people. I doubt it would be a feature utilized much.

Guess I will have to dump xbox soon and go for nintendies. Japs been at it since the start.

I remember the game 'It takes two' doing relatively well. It is just that there's so few couch coop games lately. The latest one on gamepass is TMNT and it's fun too.

Wolf Clan's leader was a traitor.

Wasn't that the prison break game that was kind of like kane and lynch?

>Couch co-op
>On a system designed to be portable
Lol

If they brought it back right now you KNOW they would have a battle pass.

GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER

So what are you proposing? That they make a new MechAssault game in 5 months?

During the original Xbox online days this game competed with halo 2. This game deserves to make a comeback. There’s not even back comp.

It needs a remaster. Original Xbox games with backwards compatibility don't work with Xbox Live.

Claniggers OUT OUT OUT

>if you want western mech games your only real options are this, Mechwarrior, and Titanfall

You lose to one phone company and you start looking for excuses.