Revenge good

Revenge good

Attached: Screenshot_2022-06-27-07-47-01-97_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg (720x493, 113.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IfYouKillHimYouWillBeJustLikeHim
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How many modern AAA games protagonists can you honestly say rival TF2 mercs in terms of writing and being fun to play?

I really, really hate when a game/movie/book has the protagonist spare the villain at the last second because "revenge is wrong" BUT the protagonist had already murdered the shit out of dozens or hundreds of random people that they didn't have any particular beef with during their quest for revenge.
So, killing the guy who you personally have a really good reason to kill is bad, but killing a bunch of random individuals is okay? Fucking retarded.
The ending of The Last of Us 2 only makes sense if the game assumes you never killed a single guard or enemy combatant all the way through the entire game up to that point.

>caring about TF2 when Overwatch exists
lmao

Yes.

Attached: 1655598259545.jpg (896x1015, 181.54K)

basically just a narrative that its okay to destroy your common brother but never okay to execute a upper echelon

Cringe

Name some other games/movies/books where this happens, i legit only know lou2 that fits this specific description

Literally every single souls game protagonist
>b-b-b-bit he has no good lines or writing!!1
neither do the TF2 mercs. quips are not good writing
>but muh comics!
not a game, don't count.

Nice bait.

ok hatcuck

Not to be lazy but this is a good catalogue: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IfYouKillHimYouWillBeJustLikeHim

Attached: file.png (349x429, 162.55K)

i wish the heavy was my friend

Attached: goose.jpg (600x592, 24.77K)

see

League of Legends has pretty good characters

To be fair, usually this trope is used in stories where the protagonist just never kills in general, and after they spare the villain they'll just end up dying anyway due to their own actions.
Dragon Ball Z with Frieza is kind of a mix of both, since Goku does kill a few of Frieza's goons, although it's more justified because Goku being a battle junkie is a core part of his character and he just wanted Frieza to keep getting stronger so they could fight again.

you didn't play the game

S lot of pretty bad ones though
Anyone remember Rell?

I remember Advance Wars DS did something like this and it was pretty silly because you've been mowing down bad guys with your army. I don't think the enemy soldiers were technically people to be fair

>caring about Overwatch when Paladins exists
lmfao

YWNBAW

Yea thats kind of what i thought already, i have nothing against that trope, it's just that usually when a story pulls it off it is either actually consistent with it, or it doesn't take itself very seriously. Lou2, although i like the game overall, has the big problem that it's completely inconsistent and also really fucking takes itself seriously.