Main character isn't a chosen one

>Main character isn't a chosen one
>Doesn't have a Heroic Bloodline
>Hasn't been trained as a fighter from birth
>He's literally just a normal kid in miles over his head. The story drums this in over and again with how easily any of the serious enemies dispatch him, despite having an Aegis on his side
>Has to grow stronger as fast and as desperately as he can
>Still becomes stronger than anyone, all through his own work and belief
>Winds up fulfilling the duty even the Legendary Hero couldn't complete

And yet people still complain.

Attached: 1513403429326.jpg (721x744, 102.58K)

None of that matters if you commit the biggest cardinal sin of being FUCKING ANNOYING
Which he is, very much so in fact. Also his outfit is stupid, he has a diving helmet but apparently having exposed arms underwater (under-cloud?) is fine

>>Doesn't have a Heroic Bloodline
pretty sure his bloodline is relevant to both him being picked for the salvage mission for pyra and for entering the place in his hometown

>Still becomes stronger than anyone, all through his own work and belief
He literally has the most generic deus ex machina MC moment imaginable. Maybe actually play the game.

nope, it could be any leftherian

>And yet people still complain.
because he's annoying

It is meant to be a parody of these kind of games. But most people miss the mark.

I really like him.
Like the rest of Xenoblade 2, he's a midwit filter, and internet forums/imageboards are midwit central full of people who think they're more enlightened than the masses but are in truth just as retarded.

Attached: 1650868981701.png (520x390, 398.4K)

Rex is so fun
I love that he’s over-optimistic but has multiple moments of self doubt. Never doubting his beliefs but his capabilities to commit to it. His insane optimism is explained as being because he’s from one of the last peaceful places in the world, far removed from the war and blackpills of the other large titans. I love that they hammer in how he is being hard carried by the aegis and force him to basically drill and train as a driver way faster than anyone should. I love that he genuinely earns his insane power despite it not being his to use. I love that they keep using his salvager background to advance the plot. I love that all the affection he gets is earned from how endearing he is. The worst aspects of the character are that the voice direction was weird in cutscenes, and some people don’t like his design for some reason. Genuinely a fantastic protagonist.

He really isn't, switch to Eng sub and while he's a generic shonen protag he's at least more worldly and less grating than insert shonenshit character here.

? Did you play the game dubbed or something?

>this story could star ANY average joe!
>as long as they're from the right village

His design is shit and he's boring as fuck. Same goes for Pyra and Mythra.

You say he gets stronger, but he does get given at least 2 big blade upgrades out of plot convenience.

>Main character isn't a chosen one
>Doesn't have a Heroic Bloodline
>Hasn't been trained as a fighter from birth
>He's literally just a normal kid in miles over his head.
It’s sad that thoses things are considered alien in JRPG

I've never understood this. Can you give specific examples from the game of Rex being annoying? Shulk annoyed me more than Rex did.

Keep in mind theres like
6 or 7 cities in the world at all
The one rex is from has a sizable salvager business, so it was honestly pretty likely all things considered.

Lora and Jin > Fei > Rex = Shulk

I've only beaten Xenosaga 1 and from what I thought of Shion I'd put her between Fei and Rex currently. I still need to beat XBX as well

Attached: 1644810638954.jpg (1920x900, 343.75K)

>one is earned solely by trudging through a massive poisoned gauntlet designed to test and strengthen anyone who survives it
>one is only after a training scene and watching the mentor from that training scene die
Play the game

People hate Rex? He is harmless and nothing special most of the time.
I'm curious about what current fans would think of Shion idiotic rages in Xenosaga Episode III.

>>one is only after a training scene and watching the mentor from that training scene die
he's literally getting bailed out of his stupid decision to not run away there, that's not a reward for his training

Rex is my least favorite but he is still ok in my books. I really like Fei and Shulk.
I've yet to finish X as well, but Norma looks like the protagonist till some of the last chapters.

Norma, kek. It's Elma. Fixed.

He survived that far because of his training. They make it a point later to admit before vandahm he would haven’t even survived a second against Akhos, let alone Akhos and Malos. He gets bailed out and reprimanded for it, but he still puts in the work to survive trained killers.

Not village, titan

He is a chosen one. He gets chosen by the big titty sex GOD BLADE and all his success comes from being the driver of Aegis

Ignore the part where he didnt have the aegis and earned victory against an even more powerful aegis

I don't care about anything that you mentioned, I just hate him because he's short.

He talks. That's all I need to discard him as an obnoxious POS. Only a movie game would look at a protagonist and say "this guy needs to talk every 0.5 seconds".

Attached: inb4 shadow the reddithog.png (1600x900, 574.41K)

Meanwhile, Addam, your typical Chosen One protag isn't even the star of story he gets to be in.

Go away ACfag

But he is a "chosen one", play Torna.

He wasn't annoying at all. He was a surprisingly responsible protagonist with a good head on his shoulders. He falters one time on his quest but takes the advice of his elders and corrects his mistake

Are people confusing Rex being an annoying character with his dub voice actor not being very good?

>is a faggy kid who makes mentally healthy people cringe

Rex got bail out twice that night, first by vandam and then Mythra.

By the way, i was really hoping to stab yourself for power to become a mechanic down the line. Or at least coming out more than once.

>He talks
In response to being talked to. He's not a snoy movie protagonist that quips to himself every 5 seconds

>in response to being talked to
Like a movie game protagonist. How wonderful. Here's an idea: how about Rex shut his mouth and never talk? That would immensely improve the game.

You mean mentally unhealthy. He's pretty inoffensive

Then you just end up with Persona and another character is the annoying one.

movie game protagonists don't need a prompt to talk, Rex does. There's a clear difference

Same actually. I really hoped I could drain HP to do more damage.