Control

>fun and engaging combat with interesting powers
>lots of TECHNOLOGY, very polished
>interesting SCP like setting
>lots of stuff to do

Why does Any Forums never talk about this game? Is it because of 'muh strong female protagonist'?

Attached: 870780_20220623222237_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.53M)

>Why does Any Forums never talk about this game? Is it because of 'muh strong female protagonist'?
Yes, shit game.

Attached: 907.jpg (1024x1177, 288.21K)

>lots of stuff to do
lost me at this part right here. what exactly is there to do? my playthrough of this game was
>new area
>blocked off door
>go the other way
>cutscene
>new area
>blocked off door
>bad guys who are literally all the same
>new area
>blocked off door
>cutscene
>unblock one of the previous doors
>new area
>same bad guys
>2 bosses
etc etc.

i don't remember a lot of variety.

Yes it triggered those guys and it isn't named "scp" so the scp autists don't like it either

The last level was so bad, and that little goblin black woman. Games only good character was a fucking jannie.

I liked the game alright but there really isn't much to talk about. The environment was kind of bland despite being cosmic spooky, the characters are all instantly forgettable. The gameplay was very refined but most of it had been done before. And if I remember correctly it was pretty short.

Frankly I'd rather talk about Alan Wake over Control. And also yes, the muh strong woman was kind of a drag, she was bland as fuck.

This game has shit combat, and you know it. All enemies are bulletsponge, gravity-hand was unintresting, all weapons shoots like nothing, etc. Just replace this gameplay with dead space one - and game will be 10/10.

>>lots of stuff to do
It's like every late 2009-2013 "wow powers sandbox" game ever just not with anything much to actually do.
Like I'm pretty sure I've seen this sort of game half a dozen times in various iterations and it's always kind of nothing with some exceptions like Force Unleashed and Prototype.

not much to talk about, to be honest
one of my favorite 2019 games, but what is there to discuss? the most interesting story/lore points are just "wait for alan wake 2", the gameplay, as fun as it was, is straightforward enough that any "how do I beat X" discussion could be summarized by "just throw shit at X"
the most memorable section for most players was a scripted corridor sequence that everyone experienced the exact same way, discussion is "that part is cool" "sure is"
Alan Wake had more legs because its open ending invited theories and shit like that, but Control just made me wish for Alan Wake 2, since it showed how much Remedy evolved in gameplay while still not matching Alan Wake in world and characters, and that's exactly what we're getting.

Any Forums got triggered by the protagonists face and decided the game was bad. It's pretty good.

wreck some shit as an ugly roastie is the last thing i want in vidya tbqh
she's like purposefully made ugly you realize that

Attached: 467369_70077880_p2.jpg (931x960, 314.69K)

It was pretty good until the later parts where the difficulty ramped up considerably just to extend the game length.

The story/setting was a little too esoteric,

Sadly a lot of the SCP stuff is "thing moves really fast" and "thing multiplies" and the really cool shit is only mentioned in notes and not shown in the game. Still a really good game and a stealth metroidvania, it also has a janny who literally does it for free

skill issue, the most difficult parts are all optional bosses you fight halfway through the game.

>lots of TECHNOLOGY, very polished

I remember being impressed with picking up one of the projectors and it accurately projected based on where you pointed it.

Attached: BcGVG.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

It didn't rip off SCP hard enough, so most of the anomalies ended up being pretty boring. Oh you can launch shit or gravity is wrong here, amazing. Plus tying everything to the central astral plane plot was a mistake too. Having one source for all the weird shit is lame, the place should have tons of unexplained shit from dozens of contradictory sources.

This is still the only game I've played that does anything interesting with RTX, and also does it well.

Yeah, people praise the RTX in this game, but the poorfag 720p version looks incredible as well. The destruction was so satisfying.

It's one of my favorite games of the past 5-6 years and I don't get why Any Forums hates it. Stay bitter and miserable I guess. I'll keep enjoying objectively good games.

Honestly you can cheese most of the game with the grip that has damage + headshot damage. Then the charge can clear out groups really easy.

All the other guns didn't feel nearly as good.

Played through it and liked it. DLCs kinda sucked but had some interesting visuals and voice acting.

It was fun but got repetitive for me

Good setting, decent story, mediocre gameplay. The combat got boring quickly.
I remember it most from thinking about SCP games and how there isn't a really good one yet. Control needed way more SCP stuff and way less TKing rocks at random zombie soldiers.