Star Ocean: The PS2 one

I ended up playing pic related for about 2 hours wanting a space RPG with aliens, so far, i've crash landed on a primitive, medieval tier planet twice, does it eventually get to space or what?

It's alright so far but goddamn the opening managed to really put me off

Attached: file.png (188x268, 96.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2022/06/star-ocean-the-divine-force-focused-star-ocean-program-special-edition-set-for-june-29
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>does it eventually get to space or what?
Yes, but no.
It's a good game but don't expect space.

>does it eventually get to space or what?

Attached: Tyrone laughing for almost 20 years.jpg (500x540, 40.96K)

>He doesn't know.

Ah bummer, do the aliens get more prominent as time goes on? Having the first alien race you meet be "Humans, but better" got me worried

>aliens
Lower your expectations.

Welcome to Star Ocean, only 4 let you travel between planets and it's the worst one, maybe 5 does

You seem unspoiled so if you enjoy it keep going and abandon the thread.

oh nononono you poor faggot

it gets pretty spacey and even interdimensional in 2nd and 3rd but yeah it's bullshit how you're going to have to spend the next 10 hours of gameplay in that elicorian shithole

Please tell me the sick surfer dolphin guys come back, they come back, right?

We're here for you when you need us.

:(

I think this is only game in the entire series where you actually get to go to space sometimes.

Attached: image_2022-06-27_002630117.png (600x337, 327.38K)

oh no user you got star ocean'd!!!

Attached: 1531702962821.jpg (1920x1080, 240.79K)

You pretty much just see human or human like characters from now on. None of your party members are anything non-human as well. The only thing that could be considered alien are some of the generic mobs.

Correction, one of you party members can be a midget race if you count that.

Keep playing till you get to the part where one of the medieval characters tells the MC, "sometimes you use weird things," so you can fully experience how bad the dialogue is, then quit.

That pepita chick? Fucking bummer man, i might stick with it, but goddamn, i really thought i'd finally found my dream game of "Star control 2/origins, but it's an RPG"

I like SO3, Rogue Galaxy is the better game for that

Even smaller than her.

Attached: star ocean 3 santa.jpg (1200x675, 76.57K)

lol what

>sometimes.
Most of the time, actually.

Attached: STAR OCEAN™ - THE LAST HOPE -™ 4K _ Full HD Remaster_20190730195608.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

SO3's plot twist was really good and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

Attached: star ocean 3 sophie fat.jpg (1920x1080, 208.4K)

I've played 1 and 3. Are any of the other Star Ocean games worth playing. I enjoyed 1 somewhat and hated 3 (but that's partially due to it crashing 30+ times on me).

and it's the worst game in the series so who cares

Up until the 4th game, Star Ocean is a normal fantasy RPG series that has sci-fi elements. You don't go to space in these games until waaaay later in. This one in particular is very slow-paced.

I liked 4 a lot.
You get to go to about 7 different planets, only 1 of them was medieval and you get a big robot guy who shoots orbital lasers, huge fuckoff cannons, sprays missiles, a fucking black hole and his ultimate skill is a chainsaw.

Attached: STAR OCEAN™ - THE LAST HOPE -™ 4K _ Full HD Remaster_20190801205454.png (1920x1080, 2.95M)

gematsu.com/2022/06/star-ocean-the-divine-force-focused-star-ocean-program-special-edition-set-for-june-29

surely the new game will be good, right

Attached: 1558599807134.jpg (359x347, 65.56K)

2 is the best game in the series by a wide margin.
5 is the worst game in the series by a wide margin.
4 is ok. Better combat than 3, worse level design.

2 is the only game in the series that usually has a general consensus of being worth playing even if you don't like any other SO game

4 is something of a meme. But it has standout aspects still I think it's something at least

5 isn't good. There's nothing worth anything in that mess

Attached: 101502.jpg (355x500, 40.29K)

>Better combat than 3
Blindsides are a shit mechanic and you can't change my mind. Novel to start with but just fucking boring by the end.

>Novel to start with but just fucking boring by the end.
By the end you're not doing blindsides ever again, you're doing rush combos which is even more boring.
Blindsides were fine and you didn't even need to do them except for one boss.

Thank you for the responses. I shall try 2.

>pants just don't have a button
What were they thinking here?

Get out of this thread before some faggot spoil the twist for you.

Is the twist that the neutral tecnocracy dickheads who killed the MC's dad are actually evil because i 've already called that also i'm drunk

Sophie really wanted Fayt to fuck her but he was too much of a dumb nerd to get the hint.

Attached: star ocean 3 sophie ass.jpg (1920x1080, 175.4K)

I'll be honest, I barely remember most of the combat mechanics besides blindsides specifically because they were so boring. And it'd depend on what character you were using. Faze required heavy use of them and I was using that twink a lot because I was doing BT bullshit. I had nothing else to play at the time.
It's not a bad gaame but it's aggressively medioocre.

She gained weight on vacation and can't button them (you can find the wrappers in the trash in her room).