Did you ever reload a save to get the "best" ending?

Did you ever reload a save to get the "best" ending?

Attached: 9874465.png (800x800, 60.44K)

Yes, many times.

t. trophyfag

Attached: multiplendings.png (800x800, 31.27K)

>wait, you haven't talked with old man jenkins 13 times at the start of the game?
>and didn't turn back at the start of the final dungeon, when there's absolutely no indication to do so, to get into secret boss dungeon?
>too bad sucker! go and replay our 60 hour rpg from the very beginning!

>i am silly

underrated post

Attached: 1632617062148.jpg (334x506, 29.4K)

If a dev makes multiple endings, one route will always be the best and have the most effort poured into. I always google to ensure I get the most enjoyment out of the game and if something has random chance or optimum choices I google those as well. I usually avoid hidden things unless I've beaten it multiple times already. I appreciate devs effort to make branching paths but unless it's key to the experience I would prefer they stick to one path to maximize resources

freakin kek

kekeroni and wheeze

Well why didn't you? Surely if you're posting in this thread complaining about it you've encountered it enough times to learn what's expected of you to find secrets

yeah, games need to do a better job of making good NG+ if they want to make paths
too much choice is a bad thing, you don't want to feel like you're missing out but you also don't want to sink another 50 hours into something just for ten minutes of content

Dev
>How can I try to bait the player into playing my same 8 levels two or three more times
>Make a single playthrough an objectively incomplete experience of course!

Player
>This game is mid fr fr no replayability on this sauceless dogwater, how do I just do the route that lets me get the most ninja skills?

>Bonus coin reward
Worthless.
>Heirloom sword
Probably gets outclassed soon enough, assuming your character even uses swords.
>Speech check, everyone lives, bonus area
"Fuck you if you haven't leveled Speech lmao"

Shit game.

I'm fine with playing the game multiple times if there's different ways to play it (evil route bad route different builds etc) but when it plays only one way why bother?

Like Omori you have to answer the door to get the true ending which is near the start of the game. The game already drags on why the fuck would I play through it multiple times if multiple times its gonna play the same way every time? It was a slog to playthrough first time already

After I played the game the first time blind.
In fact that should be the golden rule for every replayable video game
>Go in blind the first time and just enjoy it(exception being if you genuinely get stuck on a puzzle or have no fucking clue how to progress
>Second play through onward would be a 100% run

>Doing Fucklington's quest to get his ending
>Get right to the end of the game, Fucklington says "good job PLAYER_ID, I'll call upon you when the time is right"
>Thanks bro
>Progress in the game, occasionally check on him, he still says the same line
>Eventually the credits appear, default ending.
>Google it
>Once I'd exhausted his dialogue to the point where he says to go ahead and wait for him, I needed to check behind the pot in his basement, an item appears there, and show it to him to lock in his ending
>I can now do a second playthrough that's exactly the same for 90% of the story, following his quest again but I actually get his ending. Or I can do something different, never get his ending, and google the quest guide from the beginning in the sequel.

This is how it happened to me. Just one badly designed game ages ago is enough to never trust a branching endings dev again.

Attached: tasty :^).png (800x800, 29.71K)

>>Bonus coin reward
>Worthless.
dont talk shit about the cool coins

Attached: i am silly.png (800x800, 46.3K)

based

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (800x825, 56.25K)

I reloaded my save at the final grace to get all the endings in Elden Ring

Now it's accurate.

We live in a timeline where people unironically believe that you should look up a game you're currently playing through.
What the fuck is wrong with you retards.

Attached: 1648355029747.jpg (956x808, 136.04K)

sometimes and I hate it, it usually makes me drop a game when I try to do it "perfect" so lately I'll just run in blind and actually enjoy a game
fucking walkthroughs etc ruin games and it's hard to go back to some old games like golden sun because I'd hate to miss a djinn but I don't know where to find a checklist walkthrough rather than just a spoiler one

I'm not really concerned with getting 100%, but typically when I play games, especially now that I am 31 and have a full time job, I sometimes want to experience what I'd like to consider "the full experience", because I probably will never have a chance to play this lengthy 60 hour game again unless I'm really in the mood to do so.
Though I mostly just use guides for maybe finding something about a side quest that's being annoyingly vague.
I'm also not concerned about branching paths, because it's my experience and I'll go with my gut. I'll go with whatever I feel is the most rewarding, and if it's the only time I play that game, that's "my" experience.

>come to a choice in a video game
>buy character a beer or mow his lawn
>mow his lawn
>this somehow leads to the character dying 8 hours in

Attached: 1652368414483.jpg (500x377, 28.87K)

telltale games in a nutshell

Green apple is best flavor

Attached: good ending.png (800x800, 35.76K)

Spoiling yourself is not a good ending unless you're retarded. If you're going to take out all the discovery from an experience you might as well just watch a Lets Play.

I don't get it

random color orbs are attacking the unfortunate player. no context necessary